Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Number of Topics are bogus
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
xcskp
I've noticed that number of topics in each forum is somehow fixed, or trying to show that there are many when there aren't..... What is going on.. There is no knowledge base that I can reference on. Or even useful FAQ. wow. FAQ's that hostony have is like ......stupid...... If I could get to the part, it is all self-explanatory subjects... like making mySQL user in Windows(Helm) server. But, where is a part for setting or giving user permission? So we had to switch the server to Unix based.... just for mySQL. Now I am having wonderful time as my file manager will give me '500 Internal Server Error' if I try to access a file from folder that has 707 or higher permission. ABSURD!!! If I'm gonna get an error for setting permissions, then why do they even let me change it.....
MartinB
Just change the "From: " field on the footer of the forum and you will see lot of posts (surely you have it configured to "last 30 days" by default ) biggrin.gif

Now I am having wonderful time as my file manager will give me '500 Internal Server Error' if I try to access a file from folder that has 707 or higher permission. ABSURD!!! If I'm gonna get an error for setting permissions, then why do they even let me change it.....

php is configures as php suexec, you don't need to change permissions to have write access now, due to all files are owned by you and running with your usern not more the apache user.

You can't put so higuer values with phpsuexec (thanks to God!), and you don't need so higuer values.

Also, If you are getting "500" errors, just low the file permissions, and check your .htaccess files, if you have any php setting on .htaccess files you will get the 500 error.

Use php.ini files.

put a support ticket if your filemanager don't work.
use help.hostony.com if don't know how to use your control panel
and ask shell access to your linux account if you want change permissions massively o all your files (or ask support to do that, they will help you!)

(note: you have mySQL on windows too)

greetings!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here