Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: server 23 down again
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
carahost
come on guys!
carahost
ok it is working right now, according to tech support, it has been working for all day, and the problem was with my connection. that is a lie cause cpanel server status was showing FAILED for the httpd at the time i contacted support.
this is just ridiculous, can somebody explain me what is going on with the server, the support reps and the company??? are you going out of business??? did you hire kids to chat on live support???
im really sick of getting answers like "its not our fault, its yours" "i dont know why cpanel shows that httpd failed" "it is working now so i dont think it was down before"
MartinB
When i have such problems, I check the website using Alertra SpotCheck for free (on the header of alertra.com), that check your website from lot of locations around the world. Also I'm subscribed to dotuptime.com (very cheap, it check every 5min for ~$2/month, or within 20min for free). Also you can use SiteUptime for free. If all this checkers report a problem....well... maybe is not a local ISP issue ph34r.gif wink.gif wink.gif
carahost
hi martin, i dont use any of those services but it is clear that this is not a problem with my isp, because i have 2 different connections to the internet (a T1 and a WIMAX) from 2 different isps, i also have users from around the world, and none of them could access my sites at the time i reported this to support.
MartinB
maybe some ISPs generates a bug on cpanel to show httpd failed when it's really working ok all the year laugh.gif
carahost
i guess so... im gonna start looking for a third ISP...
MartinB
QUOTE(carahost @ Dec 12 2005, 03:48 PM)
i guess so... im gonna start looking for a third ISP...

laugh.gif laugh.gif
good luck with your server, hope all will be stable again smile.gif
bpgisme
Gosh Carahost, today the server's been working just fine for me. I worked on my site some this morning.

-Bonnie
carahost
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Dec 12 2005, 02:57 PM)
Gosh Carahost, today the server's been working just fine for me.  I worked on my site some this morning. 

-Bonnie

yeah thats why im looking for another ISP...
carahost
ok my support ticket was updated
It happens sometimes when httpd has to be restarted
thank god somebody admitted that it wasnt a problem with my ISP, i guess i wont have to look for another one.
swift535
not sure if this is the server my domain is hosted on, but for the better part of the last week my hosting has been horribly slow and unreliable. whenever I get timed out i always ping it with dnsstuff.com and i've had every where from F to C gradings, and nothing better, for the past few days. support keeps saying the problems been fixed, which is bogus because 5 minutes later its the same thing all over again
carahost
down again, i cant access any of my sites, and yes cpanel is showing that httpd FAILED
bpgisme
I guess I spoke too soon. Now I can't get to mine either.

*sigh*

sad.gif

-Bonnie
carahost
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Dec 13 2005, 01:42 AM)
I guess I spoke too soon.  Now I can't get to mine either.

*sigh*

sad.gif

-Bonnie

I bet it is your ISP laugh.gif
bpgisme
I didn't say that, Carahost. All I said yesterday was that my site worked for me while I was working on it yesterday. There's no call to be rude. mad.gif

I worked on it for several hours in the morning (EST) yesterday and it was fine. It could have been out when I wasn't working on it, but while I was busy it was fine. I never said anything about your ISP.

Frankly, this is just another good reason why it doesn't pay to try and help people. I think I need to break the habit. dry.gif

-Bonnie

Incidentally:

httpd (1.3.33 (Unix)) up
MartinB
Bonnie, carahost don't want to be rude with you, is just a joke related to the support answers he get yesterday smile.gif
carahost
thanks martin
bpgisme
Sorry. I guess I'm a bit on the defensive. Stressed out...

-Bonnie
Lehrer
Bonnie, carahost don't want to be rude with you, is just a joke related to the support answers he get yesterday

Hi,
If you are not satisfied with the answers of support, try sending me a PM with the ticket's ID and I'll try to investigate the situation and find out was the answer correct or not. Just try to be a bit patient and it will be ok, don't call anyone names and try to express yourself as clear as possible. Martin, I believe we have always found the way out with you, right? smile.gif

Lehrer
MartinB
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Dec 13 2005, 08:46 PM)
Hi,
If you are not satisfied with the answers of support, try sending me a PM with the ticket's ID and I'll try to investigate the situation and find out was the answer correct or not. Just try to be a bit patient and it will be ok, don't call anyone names and try to express yourself as clear as possible. Martin, I believe we have always found the way out with you, right?  smile.gif

Lehrer

Oh yes, all the support team was always VERY cooperative with me, and I let people know it every time i can. I said it lot of times on the forum, you know, I think it's not honest if I come here only with problems, but be quiet when all is ok. I am very gratefull with all the support team, and I respect and apreciate you very much Lehrer smile.gif

Don't get offended, I was just joking a little with carahost (a little of humour sense is apreciated when people have problems). Also, the response we was talking about was gived to a carahost's ticket, not for me.

Everybody at defensive today... Maybe this spirit is not compatible with me huh.gif
I will be quit for a time biggrin.gif
Lehrer
P.s.
Server23 looks quite OK now, one more victim found and suspended.

Just bear in mind that:

Users may not initiate the following on our servers:

* Run any process that requires more than 8Mb of memory space, more than 30 CPU seconds, or use more than 5% of all available system resources at any time.
* Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
* Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, proxy servers, anonymizers.
* Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.

(This time it was case #1)
Lehrer
Don't get offended, I was just joking a little with carahost (a little of humour sense is apreciated when people have problems). Also, the response we was talking about was gived to a carahost's ticket, not for me.

NNP, Martin I have always valued your sense of humour. It helps to go through the life difficulties very often if not always smile.gif

And I also understood that it was carahost's ticket. I just mentioned you as an example of finding solutions. biggrin.gif

My regards, Lehrer
MartinB
Merry christmas! biggrin.gif
carahost
hi lehrer, i was pissed off because the people on live support were playing games with me, they didnt even wanna go to my site to see that it wasnt available, they just told me that it must be my connection, because nobody else was complaining, that kind of answers are just ridiculous, if you check my previous posts youll see other "smart" answers that i got from live support, so i still wanna know whats going on with the people on live support??? and whats going on with the server that has been so unstable in the last couple of days??? why nobody from support could see that it wasnt working properly???
thank you
carahost
i still wanna know whats going on with the people on live support??? and whats going on with the server that has been so unstable in the last couple of days??? why nobody from support could see that it wasnt working properly???
thank you

so?
Lehrer
Carahost,
Sorry for not getting back earlier, I had a day off.
If you are communicating with a support rep. in live chat, icq or AIM and you aren't satisfied with the answers you get (just really make sure you are ignored, because live support reps are communicating with severals users at once usually)just ask for the representative's name first and then submit a trouble ticket for a supervisor with the copy of your talk and support's name. We are now working on our service's improvement and would like to make an end to such complaints. The live support people are warned and are forced to give their names to the clients upon request. If the representative is not providing you with those details, just remember the exact time you contacted him and we'll investigate who it was. Hope this innovation will improve the quality of the service.

Lehrer
Lehrer
Merry christmas! biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas, Martin! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
carahost
ok thank you Lehrer
Lehrer
ok thank you Lehrer

You are welcome, Carahost.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here