Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sudden "error"emails
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Thundergirls
About a week ago I started getting 30-40 error emails from my server, "exim failed @ (time) restarted automagicaly (sic).

In addition every day or two I also get one that "spamd failed," or "apache failed," and one that says:

Do not ignore this email: Problems with dns setup

My support tech says nothing is wrong with the server, everything is fine, and that I SHOULD just ignore the emails or perhaps mark them as SPAM so they won't bother me.

Well they DO bother me, my concern is that since this server has been operational for a year now, and why ANYTHING happens SUDDENLY should raise an eyebrow. I believe there is a reason for this, and while it may be harmless now, I am concerned this will become trouble. The fact that this just popped up seems to be lost on suppport.

Getting help from Hostony has never been easy, it usually takes firm and unyielding complaints and several days before someone finally pops up and says "it is fixed."

That's the one I'm waiting for now.

Dayne, ThundergirlsTheater.com
Alexandre
Hello,

Please open a trouble ticket and we'll take a look at your server.

Thank you.

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
Thundergirls
I HAVE opened a ticket, and the results of that are what I have mentioned in my previous post.

The support rep \tells me everything is fine and to ignore those 40-50 emails I'm getting every day. He only comments on the exim problem, says nothing about the apache error.

Alexandre, I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to get an error message email every 20 to 35 minutes. And my question is why would anyone think that IS okay?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here