Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Transfer
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Slavik
Hello,
We are moving all accounts from the server 67.15.36.4 to new server
66.118.138.196. Lately the server was very unstable and there is
unacceptable to continue useing this server for shared hosting.
It is not a software - it's a hardware issue.So that there are no
possibilities to fix it. Please change the dns to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org.
The login and password for cpanel is the same.
We apologize for the inconveniences.
Thank you for understanding.

Note for Reseller Customers,
your accounts were moved to the server 66.118.138.194
please open a trouble ticket in order to get the IPs for your private dns.

Best regards,
Hostony Team.
horhey23
When will the transfer be effective? Should we change the DNS info immediately?
Slavik
All the accounts are transferred. You can login to your account and check whether everything is ok. Yo ucan change the dns now.
horhey23
Thanks for the update. I am not able to log in to the new server using my existing username/password for the previous cPanel, I have submitted a ticket for this.
Slavik
I saw your ticket, please update it.
martijn_2m
Can you change the DNS from the broken server to the new server so that I don't have to adjust the DNS for all my domains and my customers domains?

Also: IF we do need to change dns, tell us when to do that. The sites are still available through the old server.

---> hmm it looks like despite what you wrote in my ticket I am not on this server at all .. pls update my ticket.
Slavik
Are you on the server 67.15.36.4?
If yes you need to change the dns to dns.hostony.com and dns.hostony.org(if you do not have your own private dns).
Please tell me the ID of your ticket.
Thank you.
sea
hi slavik, i have aproblem which is not related 2 server transfere i wish u can help me, i wrote 2 u before 2 ask which software u support 4 upload && u told me that i can use asp simple upload, when i used it i get a problem, i used live chat && open aticket && i sent u email && i sent email 2 Supervisor Assistance

i do all of this and i still have no answer !!!!
this problem is since 17-11 till now

problem Desc:
each time i try 2 upload file i get this error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/admin/try1.asp, line 11

800401f3

url :http://www.zegypt.com/admin/try1.asp

i wish i get an answer 4 my big problem
rclafton
QUOTE(sea @ Nov 28 2005, 03:18 PM)
hi slavik, i have aproblem which is not related 2 server transfere i wish u can help me, i wrote 2 u before 2 ask which software u support 4 upload && u told me that i can use asp simple upload, when i used it i get a problem, i used live chat && open aticket && i sent u email && i sent email 2  Supervisor Assistance

i do all of this and i still have no answer !!!!
this problem is since 17-11 till now

problem Desc:
each time i try 2 upload file i get this error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/admin/try1.asp, line 11

800401f3

url :http://www.zegypt.com/admin/try1.asp

i wish i get an answer 4 my big problem

Taken from GOOGLE...

This error means "Invalid class string" -- in other words the call to CreateObject failed because the name object cannot be found by the OLE sub-system. Causes include:

You really didn't run regsvr32 on the server after all.

You ran regsvr32 but it reported an error.

Someone modified security on part of the registry that's preventing the OLE subsystem from reading all or part of the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT tree.

The name of the object you are trying to create was mispelled or is incorrect.
Determine if it's a permissions problem

Add the anonymous user (used by IIS) to the Administrators group. The test page then worked, proving it was a permissions problem. Do not forget to remove the anonymous IIS user from the Admin group!

Determine if it is a file permissions problem:

After removing the Anonymous user from the Admin group, add failure auditing to the file (smtpsvg.dll), which will determine if the file was ever accessed (by the lack of the failure event). If it isn't, this makes it clear that the failure is prior to file access but go ahead and check file/directory permissions to make sure the anonymous IIS user can access the file.

Check registry permissions

Using Regedt32, do find on smtpsvg.dll. Check the permissions for the key (and sub keys), and make sure that the anonymous user has read rights. Do a find on the class-id, which contains the location value, and version, and check those permissions as well.
MartinB
As I know, you have ASPSmartUpload (http://www.aspsmart.com/aspSmartUpload/) too on hostony's windows servers.

give it a try wink.gif
martijn_2m
rclafton
How is the transfer going for server: 70.85.84.132 ?
sea
thanks 4 ur help, realy members r so helpful than support staff
thanks alot
intelvi
huh.gif

shortnew.com

Is 67.15.42.48 dead ???
MartinB
QUOTE(intelvi @ Nov 29 2005, 12:37 PM)
huh.gif

shortnew.com

Is 67.15.42.48  dead ???

at least for me...yes.
carahost
QUOTE(intelvi @ Nov 29 2005, 11:37 AM)
huh.gif

shortnew.com

Is 67.15.42.48  dead ???

thats server 23, and yes it is down
rclafton
What about W4?

Nobody seems to be responding to my ticket on this since the mention of a new server... thats over a day ago. While this is happening I am not getting emails due to a screwed server.

HELLO!???? Paying customer here.....
Slavik
We've transferred all the data of the server win4 and we are reconfiguring the server at the moment.
rclafton
Thats REALLY NICE..... but...

Mail still not working
Stats still not working
Websites still not working

Reseller account that I cannot resell or use.... REALLY NICE!

Instead of the usual - IT SHOULD BE OK NOW.... can I have a REAL ANSWER? A TRUE ANSWER?

In fact, just a response to the ticket, that has been outstanding for 2 days and several hours now.... can I have a response to that?
Slavik
PLease tell me the ID of your trouble ticket
rclafton
QUOTE(Slavik @ Nov 30 2005, 10:23 PM)
PLease tell me the ID of your trouble ticket

wizoz
I have still domains that are off-air in terms of mails, and I cannot seem to get any info in the trouble ticket system.

Could someone tell me what is the status of the transfer of the domains on the alpha server?

I am sitting idle, since I have no email capability through my domains!

Ticket is 17335 and main domain zerodrift.com

thx
iampedro
QUOTE(martijn_2m @ Nov 28 2005, 10:11 AM)

Were you able to find out anything yet?
rclafton
QUOTE(iampedro @ Dec 1 2005, 11:04 PM)

No, nothing.

Its obvious that Hostony are a take your money and run sort of company.

Thats why there are no phone numbers to call, no traceable addresses that you can get a response from.

Big mistake on our parts I think.... time to find another host.

Luckily I paid with Amex, so I will leave the recovering of my money to their legal bods.

The only word I will be spreading about Hostony is to keep your money and stay well away!

Should be www.Hostony.ru instead - they live up to the reputation of a .ru website, might as well start using that tld!

So glad I only paid for a year!
MartinB
...just to say that is not so "russian criminal company" as you say smile.gif

I'm with them for 2 years working full with them with some ~70 accounts and a lot of different linux and windows packages, and talking with the support team and billing dept almost all days trought the tickets system, AIM or live help, Maybe the support team is a little overloaded, but is still there biggrin.gif

Also, they are deploying new servers on new datacenters, and improving their packages, so I don't think they are running out, because they are in business for various years now.

Trust me, I will be the more terrorified user if I suspect that they are planning to get out of the business smile.gif

They say they are moving all accounts to a new server, it's not a "few clicks" work...

But yes, I think they need to improve the communication level with you, and put some kind of ETA of the process.

Good luck with the movement, it's always a stressing operation sad.gif
martijn_2m
.. meanwhile my problem with w4 has been going on for 4 days and all feedback I got was "we are moving the server to a new host and reconfiguring the system". I am sorry but this is way below any reasonably expected respons time.

Reconfiguring a server is a lot of work, however restoring a full system backup to new hardware isn't. But most of all: keeping the customers informed is very important.

4 days without email on ALL my domains, is outragious. Will there be any compensation ? And, will get ANY REAL feedback on my request for status updates?

Martijn
MartinB
4 days without email on ALL my domains, is outragious.

yes... I don't understand why they put so low atention to customers comunication in this kind of critical situation, it's the more cheap way of have a little more happy customers unsure.gif

I think they have no time to get in the forum and ask all questions, that is because I use only trouble tickets and online chats to get support and answers for the last months. But I understand they must communicate and embrace the customers a "little more" in a 4 days downtime... unsure.gif

surely all will be fine soon..
Slavik
QUOTE(iampedro @ Dec 1 2005, 11:04 PM)

No, nothing.

Its obvious that Hostony are a take your money and run sort of company.

Thats why there are no phone numbers to call, no traceable addresses that you can get a response from.

Big mistake on our parts I think.... time to find another host.

Luckily I paid with Amex, so I will leave the recovering of my money to their legal bods.

The only word I will be spreading about Hostony is to keep your money and stay well away!

Should be www.Hostony.ru instead - they live up to the reputation of a .ru website, might as well start using that tld!

So glad I only paid for a year!

Didn't we responded to your ticket as soon as you provided me with its ID?
Didn't we inform you about the situation with your issue?
Didn't I give you a true answer?
-----------------------------
Your e-mail is working(the mail box you've provided me)
The awstats was updated after you had requested it.
We're trying to fix the bug with your domain that asks for login and password now.
Slavik
Dear Martijn, please provide us with the mailboxes with passwords.
we'll test your e-mails and fix them if they are not working yet.
Thank you.
Slavik
The websites you've provide me in PM is also working now.
Check it please.
Thank you.
Slavik

We are not a russian company!
cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
martijn_2m
QUOTE(Slavik @ Dec 2 2005, 09:48 AM)
Dear Martijn, please provide us with the mailboxes with passwords.
we'll test your e-mails and fix them if they are not working yet.
Thank you.

I have put the info in a new ticket
Slavik
Thank you.
rclafton
QUOTE(Slavik @ Dec 2 2005, 09:45 AM)
Didn't we responded to your ticket as soon as you provided me with its ID?
Didn't we inform you about the situation with your issue?
Didn't I give you a true answer?
-----------------------------
Your e-mail is working(the mail box you've provided me)
The awstats was updated after you had requested it.
We're trying to fix the bug with your domain that asks for login and password now.

Err, yes and no....

1. You responded, yes... but through the FORUMS, and not the TICKET System, so no - I did not get an email with this information.

2. Yes, you told me everything was fine.... but as we both know, the issues still remained 24 hours later - and even though they have been resolved in some cases - issues still exist. Duff server!?

3. No... you told me the server was nearly ready and my domains and accounts had been transferred. This is not the case and I am still on the dodgy server, still having problems and still getting duff information from your staff saying "Nearly here, server nearly done!" 6 days after I opened the ticket!

All I want is the TRUTH.... and TIMESCALES.... not guesses and emails that try to pacify. We are all grown ups here, trying to make a living and trying to keep the people who rely on us updated with information.

We all understand about downtime, its a way of life when dealing with computers.... but hiding the truth from people is not a way to candy coat the real issues.

If the server is duff, tell us. If the server is taking longer than expected to build, tell us. If the server is not going to be ready when you say it is (like last Monday!) then TELL US! Don't make up stories, or ignore us. TELL US!

HONESTY is the best policy, and you will get more repect from US, your CUSTOMERS if you stick with that - if you had told me when I opened the ticket that the server was on it's way out due to hardware failures and would I please be patient then you would have got my co-operation. But NO, I was fobbed off with excuses and then ignored for over 24 hours at a time.

Give me a timescale for the server, give me information on the issues that are slowing down the implementation and give US the information that WE need to know that our packages will be working again in the future - then we can move on from that point.

As for being a RUSSIAN company, you know that was intended as a joke - but based on current support levels the comparison is scarily close!

So, timescales for win4?

And finally, in response to you post in Complaint to Supervisors, which is now locked so I cannot respond to it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Slavik Yesterday, 09:35 AM Post #2

Hostony staff

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1129

I think that the point is the following:
Support department didn't ignore your posts, tickets.
As far as you can remember I replied you on your issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a excerpt from the ticket, showing the ignored requests:

Slavik Koshelev
2005-11-28 12:12:14 Dear customer,
we're configuring the new server at the moment. We'll post the topic on our forum as soon as everything is done.
---------------------
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
Support Team
Rate It: Bad Poor Not Rated Good Excellent

Richard Clafton
2005-11-28 15:21:19
EDIT I notice that you are doing a transfer for a server in the forums starting with ip 69.xxx.xxx.xxx

My server is: 70.85.84.132, is this hosted on the same hardware?

Slavik Koshelev
2005-11-28 15:33:46 Dear customer,
you are on windows server. We'll post the topic about it as soon as everything is ready.
You saw the topic about Linux server.
---------------------
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
Support Team
Rate It: Bad Poor Not Rated Good Excellent

Richard Clafton
2005-11-29 09:38:50
EDIT When is this due to be done? I am still not able to send or recieve emails due to the mail server being faulty on this box... and the lack of stats is a pain too!

Do you have a timescale? An hour? 6 hours? a day? a week???

Richard Clafton
2005-11-29 10:03:52
EDIT This is now becoming a joke. I am now getting LOGON boxes for various sites of mine. www.riroc.com prompts for a user and password.... not much use when I am trying to develop the site.

Richard Clafton
2005-11-29 17:25:41
EDIT Update please? What have I paid for?

Slavik Koshelev
2005-11-30 02:08:42 Dear customer,
we've transferred all the data of the server to the new one.
we are reconfiguring the new server at the moment.
---------------------
Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev.
Support Team
Slavik
All sites must be working from the server 66.118.138.198 now.
rclafton
www.riroc.com now showing 404 error.

Oh, and mail does not work either....

And DNS is timing out....

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at win4.fastbighost.com for delivery to oseu.co.uk.

The message will be retried for another 30 hours.

Reason: Mail Server for oseu.co.uk could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Reason Code: DNS Server Timeout
Error Number: 1460

Message headers follow:

Received: with MailEnable Postoffice Connector; Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:37:24 -0500
Received: from rubidium.webfusion.co.uk ([212.67.202.84]) by win4.fastbighost.com with MailEnable ESMTP; Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:37:23 -0500
Received: from xxxxxxxx ([xx.xx.xx.xx] helo=xxxxxxx)
by rubidium.webfusion.co.uk with asmtp (Exim 3.36 #1)
id 1Ej2Tw-0007Fg-00
for rclafton@riroc.com; Sun, 04 Dec 2005 22:37:20 +0000
Slavik
Please wait several minutes. I"ll post a topic about new server.
dragon39
site www.financemanila.net/forum is down today for more than 4 hours now.

yesterday, it was plagued many times with sql error.

i think its 67.15.52.34

nobody answering my support ticket
loanshark
All of my sites are down and access to C-Panel is unavailable on http://67.15.52.34

Do we have a problem? How long until it is cleared?
jonty
I also had several sites on server 67.15.52.34.

It is absolutely appalling that Hostony did not inform us in advance about moving our sites onto another server. I only found out about it because they were down for several hours a day for days.

Although the sites are now up and running, I still can’t monitor some of them via Awstats & Webalizer. They are not listed under Subdomain stats. I sent several emails to Hostony explaining how important it was for us to see the statistics – they still haven’t sorted the problem out.

Also, our MySQL databases were set back a fortnight - fortunately we had a recent back-up, but we could have lost lots of data.

It’s now been a week. This is an appalling service – if they don’t sort this out today, I’ll be moving to another, professional, hosting company.

Newbies reading this forum – be aware of Hostony! They are a cheap web hosting company, but they also provide a cheap service. Basically, you get what you pay for!
PaulStammers
Could SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me what is going on?

I am really upset/confused/bewildered about all this.

I have no acces to my databases through "admin.whoever.com" or www for my domains.

Do I have to do something? I thought all this would be done for me or am I just really really that stupid? huh.gif

I am on w4...

Come on, some response would be nice now.. its been 4 days!!!
sportsoman
please help

my site is now for almost 6 days not working and still the answer there are transfering the site

my site www.sportsoman.com and the mails also not working i need to know do i have to change the dns server for the domain or i only wait?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here