Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question: reguarding Chatrooms
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Lezyt
OK, I've searched for previous topics on chatrooms. I understand that only PHP chatrooms are allowed to operate on Hostony servers, which isn't a big deal, however, I did come across a curious comment by one of the Hostony team along the lines of 'phpMyChat is the only solution currently'.

Now, I don't exactly like phpMyChat... and, I was curious, as there was only instance of the above about phpMyChat (though most of the time it was mentioned as the 'best choice), are we limited to phpMyChat, or any chatroom that solely uses PHP?

Really, I ask as the one I wanted to use, while being PHP only, integrates with my forums/portal system. While I doubt it is much better than phpMyChat, it will at least tie in with the rest of the site...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give smile.gif
Rastus
Flashchat works very well..

google flashchat
MartinB
chats overloaded the servers in a terrorific way (including the phpchat of cpanel)... You are sure you *need* a chat ?
Doobster
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Nov 24 2005, 01:02 PM)
chats overloaded the servers in a terrorific way (including the phpchat of cpanel)... You are sure you *need* a chat ?

Surely Hostony should ensure the servers can handle the demand! Thats what the customer pays for.
MartinB
sure...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here