Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New customer..
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
RaviKumar Srinivasan
Of late I have had to change my Hosting service often. The webmaster of www.echarcha.com (Sunit) refered me to your company. He has nothing but praises for your Hosting service and the support provided. Ok I trust that dude and hence I have taken up your gold plan without doing much research and looking around

I sure do hope I won't be disappointed by bringing over my sites to you people.

blink.gif
Linear Helix
I personally find the hosting to have been very good over the last 6 months... until the last few days, which is, coincidentally, right after I renewed my hosting to the next package level...

You will certainly get mixed responses, Ravi. I'd say Hostony is pretty good, but they are having some serious problems right now, as you'll see by the General Support forum.

Eh, it's the best I've found, that's for sure. I'd say you probably won't be disappointed much...
bgp1
I have found Hostony to be a very good host. Whenever I need a problem fixed, I can submit a ticket and it get fixed within a few hours. When my site was hacked, it was fixed in less than an hour (and this was at about 1:30AM CST).

Support is very good. They have good responses and work with you for the most part. Tech. ticket, email, anf forum are the means of communication. Obiously they have some downtime, outages, and problems, but I want to know a site that doesn't have these problems (I am not being affected by the server crash by the way).

Hosting packages are nice. I can do just about anything I want on my site. I can put just about whatever I need to get the pages to look right and preform properly. Good price for the packages too!

Eventually I will write a review for Hostony, but that won't be for a while.
===================
What ever anyone does with hosting, NEVER go to Feature Price. I was screwed by those guys and came to Hostony, and have been pleased ever since!

Hope this helps!
dragonfli
I like the Service I receive here,
I've not had many problems but when I have I was treated with respect and prompt courteous responses. In my experience - when they learn of a problem they deal with it. I have a reseller account with branded nameservers as well as cpanels for all of my clients, the staff answered all of my questions and helped me set it up.
Lately there have been problems but mostly because they are very ambitious to keep security and os up to date; in the end I believe our servers will come through this batch of upgrades the better for it. (They were prompt to announce the upgrades before they began them)
Don't get me started on Feature Price, Travis can go to hell for how he burned me, he is ethically equivalent to a viral infection.
BigJimW
I think it's VERY good. Even though my site is effected by the crash, they were very good at responding to my inquires before I started, fast at getting things going, and they even set up my domain and set things up to point to the correct DNS when they registered it, and gave me full information on managing everything within minutes. wink.gif

Tonights level of response will obviously be a bit (AKA - A lot) slower than normal since they are working on a big problem with one of their servers, but don't let that stop you.
Serge
Thanks guys for being patient during the problems we have.

We appreciate you like Hostony.
Such comments make our day and encorage to work better.

Thanks again
CompuMan
I'm happy with the service and would recommend it for your hosting pleasure.
Danimal
Fear not... you made the right choice. The company is extraordinary. Every question I've had was answered quickly, and the staff is always friendly. I've had no problems in the year I've been here and look forward to staying here.
jchrastina
I have had my six websites with Hostony for three months. There have been a few bumps here and there, but the service, responsiveness and technical capabilities have been outstanding. They have all been very receptive to suggestions on ways to improve, for the benefit of all.

I think you'll be happy here. This is my second webhost. I too was with FeaturePrice. OUCH!!
logoexpert
I have had 31 domains hosted in Hostony for about a year, some of them with complex databases and lots of scripts and I have to praise Serge, Alex, Ivan and all the others for the prompt help I have always received. Sometimes problems arise as with any other hosting company and although they do not have phone support the ticket system is very good.

We recently moved most domains to a new server and everything went smoothly with only a few issues that were fixed within a short timeframe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here