Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Private Name Servers
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel DNS
ywatson
When I registered for the reseller account, I was under the impression that I would have a private name server. My WHM is setting my clients up with the hostony default name server. Is there something that I am missing?

www.miwebservices.com
Toph1980
If I recall right, just ask by email or support ticket and they will setup your dns. Take it from a previous Hostony reseller wink.gif
ywatson
Well now I'm wondering if I need them anyway. I currently use a server inhouse with win 2003 serv that has static IPs from my ISP. I read that DNS servers have to be registered, well my domain is already registered; although from other proclaimed DNS registars this really doesn't matter. If this is possible then I can just register a dns and point it to my inhouse servers. Anyone know where I an get more information about just exactly how DNS servers work?
MartinB
just post a ticket to support asking for your private label namervers, they will give you 2 ip, then go to your registrar and register the nameservers with these IPs (it's free i think, at least in some cases), inform the domains for your nameservers to support team (ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com), and they will configure these namervers as your whm defaults.
Slavik
Martin is right,
if you want to have your own name servers, please open a tciekt.
You'll get 2 IPs for free as you are a reseller.
MarkM
That's exactly how it works. Hostony will do all the work for you, on the server side of it all.

To properly conceal your source (Hostony), I would recommend that you create those name servers with your registrar, and point it to itself (ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com, etc.). This is what private nameservers are all about. So make sure you do your part.

If your domain is with GoDaddy, it's really easy. If it's with Hostony, you can use your WHM to make/change them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here