Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Company is a JOKE
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Putterman
These people are a Joke. So far they have riped me off for my fees. I still do not have login information. I am filing a FRAUD claim with my credit card company. Maybe that will get their attention.
Slavik
We are not a Joke.
Could you please tell me your domain name and I'll check everything.
Thank you.
theguy71730
Seriously.

Hostony, do you realize what kind of things have been happening? Are you completely oblivious to the hundreds of complaints posted on these message boards? How many times websites go down? How this affects your customers, and their website? How ignorant your support team is? Do you not realize the kind of reputation you have on the entire internet? Do you wonder why everyone thinks your support is a joke? It's because of your service. Because of your employees. Because of your unstable server, and because your staff is often ignoring the customers completely.
Slavik
I'd like to say that we never ingnore our customers.
MartinB
You know, is just a personal experience, but they have been always very cooperative with me(I have comercial relationships with hostony from 2 years now) and trust me ... I really ask/demand very weird/unussual things...they can told you, hehe)

Yes, their recent uptime % was not a "deluxe feature", but I can't say the support level is so bad as you say.

As always, exist one experience for each customer out there. They was/are very flexible with my personal needs, just a little overloaded sometimes, but this is not a fault of the support team, they are just people and workers like all us. (maybe they have a little more patience wink.gif )

I recommend, if you are not happy with the Hostony offer/deals, you need to complain with the supervisor, not with the support team workers, what can they do ? they are not the owners, just an outsourced support company.
bpgisme
I wasn't going to pipe in because I feel like because I'm not a business person and only have a personal website no one will take my words seriously, but I can't stand it. I have to say I love Hostony. The service has been good to me always. The support team are wonderful and very nice. I really would not go anywhere else. Of course, people have to make their own decisions. But I've been here almost two years (2 years this coming January) and I won't go anywhere else. smile.gif

-Bonnie
PTVideo
I not complain support team, just because I think they do the best they can, and can't do nothing about the poor system stability. They have moved my site to another server, but almost every day other problems arrive. I'm sad with all this.
Hostony, you must do something. Do you read the hundreds of complaints posted here?
Dark Hedgehog
Edited by mod:

It is company support forums. Not an advertising forum. Should you continue violate our forum rules we'll leave nothing but to ban you.
theguy71730
thanks for the link Dark Hedgehog, I will definitely check this out.
Dark Hedgehog
Your welcome tongue.gif
capecomp
I have had good service here as well.
Serge
Just a copy of my post to the similar thread in other forum.

We are aware that we have 3 problematic servers and already have ordered Dell 2850 Dual Xeons with 300Gb SCSIs HDDs .We should get them today in the morning and configure by Monday. Once they are configured we'll be moving customers from server 15, 21 and win4.

We already ordered a new line of servers for VPS hosting. They are Dual Opterons 248 with 8 Gig RAM and 8x 73Gb SCSI drives in RAID10.
The new server will be 2.5 times faster than our current servers config as need servers use all the power of 64bi computing of AMD Opterons and 8 SCSI HDDS in RAID10 will outperform RAID5 3 HDD configs. To the top RAID 10 can survive even when 4 out 8 HDDs fail.

It is not only new servers that will be new we already get a deal for the colo at A class datacenter in Tampa, FL for building our new infrastructure. All new servers will be located there. The main idea is to build the infrastructure that will allow us to omit problems we had now and to be able to better and faster fix problems that may occur.

All new racks have 2x20 AMP power feeds, all new servers will be connected via power strips that will allow remote hard and soft server reboots all servers will be connected to the KVM switch that itself will be connected to the IP KVM. It will decrease time required to access the box when serious failure occurs and will allow helpdesk support to help onsite techs while they are fixing OS problems and be able to fix more problems themselves.

Also all servers in the rack will be put in the private network and connected via GIG_E feed to the 3.2 TB NAS storage server. Thus we’ll be able to make double backups for user data. Daily backups will be done to the secondary SCSI HDD connected to the server and weekly backups will be done to the local storage server.

The benefits:

1. We’ll be able to do daily backups
2. Daily backups won’t overload the server as we’ll be using rsync program to copy only the files that were updated within last day. And daily backup should take no more 15-30 min. The load will be at around 8, but it should not create many problems because we’ll do daily backups at night when server will be less loaded.
3. GIG_E line to the storage server should greatly increase performance of the weekly backups. Now we get a lot of problems when weekly backups occurs because server cannot send them fast enough over 100 Mbit connection and they are cached on local HDD jeopardizing all free space. New 300Gb SCSI HDDs should also help as they are 4 times bigger that 73 Gb SCSIs that we are using now.
4. We have developed cumulative backup system and having a plenty of network storage should enable us to keep weekly backups for 4-6 weeks and be able to restore customer’s data in the state they were 3 or 4 weeks ago by request.

New backup system will also improve our recovery plans. When we had OS or HDD failure the most time we had to wait for the data to be copied from the off server backup. For 100 Gb -150 of data over a 100 Mbit connection it may take up to 24 hours just for data to be copied. Having exactly the same SCSI drive with daily backuped data in 90% cases we can start to restore server immediately on the secondary drive without waiting for the customer data to be copied. That’s why we decided not to cut corners and have exactly the same #)) Gb SCSI drives both for the master and secondary drive.

On the other hand in case when server dies because of the hacker backups on the secondary drive may be lost. That’s why we make offsite backups of the data to the storage server.
So, it should greatly improve our potential to provide good service to our customers as well as faster recovery from the problems. Not many hosts implemented something similar.

We are working for almost 5 weeks on the new infrastructure – negotiating, testing, software tweaks, etc. And I don’t want to tell that things will magically change on Monday. Just I want you to know that we Do work on solving our problems.

Also I want you assure that we won’t make hassle by moving everybody to the new infrastructure. Only servers that have repeated problems will be moved. For now just server15, 21 and win4. And there should not be any downtime involved with this as we’ll first copy the date and only then change DNS entries. The exact time for this will be announced later.

Also when new infrastructure will be build we’ll announce some sweet deals for our customers.
bpgisme
Cool! cool.gif

I'm not on those servers, but still, it's cool anyway. smile.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
Nice to ear that you are improving service and working on problems. That is what we want to see. (just a communication problem ?)

We already ordered a new line of servers for VPS hosting. They are Dual Opterons 248 with 8 Gig RAM and 8x 73Gb SCSI drives in RAID10.
Nice to see too that you are improving your VPS offer to makt more updated to present offers/needs. Maybe in future I will move my current VPSs to you too !

so when new infrastructure will be build we’ll announce some sweet deals for our customers.

I can't wait wink.gif
Glad to see you working.
Slavik
Thankn you. We'll try to do the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here