Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else down regularly, past 2 weeks?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
horhey23
Granted, my sites are usually up within 2 hours of submitting a support ticket, but that requires constant attention form me. The fact that things have been down every few days is getting ridiculous.

I have constantly—and politely—asked in each of my support tickets, once this became a recurring problem, to fix this problem permanently. I get no response to that, just the "Your site is now up" once they fix things.

Come on, Hostony, you need to reassure customers that you are aware of what is going on and are taking steps to fix things permanently—that's what we pay you for.

I cannot have this continue, and as my yearly plan is coming up for renewal shortly, I will have no choice but to move on, as the service lately has been unacceptable, and seems to be looked at by Hostony as "business as usual".

I have actually had great, or at least functional, service up until recently. But the true sign of great service is how they handle you when there are problems, and how those problems are resolved.

Hostony, please quit putting a bandage on server 4, and sew up the hole.
PTVideo
QUOTE(horhey23 @ Nov 2 2005, 06:02 PM)
But the true sign of great service is how they handle you when there are problems, and how those problems are resolved.

You are right, and is exactely for this reason that you must don't easily give up from Hostony.
Some weeks ago I also had a lot of problems with my sites, and wrote some posts and support tickets, blaming company and the support team, but at the end, after some talk, my problem was solved. Talk to them, think twice...
horhey23
As I mentioned, my problems are usually solved, so I don't have a problem with the support team resolving problems eventually.

My problem lies in the fact that, recently, I have had outages on a consistent basis. I am never told why this has been happening (and I have asked), nor have I been promised that they would correct this to ensure it will not happen again, or at least reduce the problems that led to it. I realize that I will have problems from time to time.

I don't like paying for hosting and also having to find ways to monitor it myself. I need to check my sites a few times a day now, because I cannot rely on Hostony, and must bring these problems to their attention each time.

Like I said, for the most part, I have been pleased with the price/performance ratio of Hostony. I just think they need to let their customers in on the problems/solutions, especially in situations where it is persistent.

I think most people, even if they were told there were major problems with the server they were hosted on, would be reassured to know that Hostony knew exactly what it was, and was making efforts—and progress—to fix the problems now and prepare for similar future problems.

We are internet geeks here, we want information. I understand problems occur, but when I ask "What caused it, what steps are being made to avoid this in the future", and I get a response like "OK your site up now.", I get frustrated. Hell, if I was told that they were understaffed and getting to my problem ASAP, I would be a bit more understanding. I am not expecting the world of these guys, considering the pricing. I know what I am getting into with an inexpensive host. Just give us some real information, please.

OK, done ranting!
PTVideo
You are right about information. Some times a little more detail about the problems can let us with less frustation.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(horhey23 @ Nov 3 2005, 05:45 PM)
As I mentioned, my problems are usually solved, so I don't have a problem with the support team resolving problems eventually.

My problem lies in the fact that, recently, I have had outages on a consistent basis. I am never told why this has been happening (and I have asked), nor have I been promised that they would correct this to ensure it will not happen again, or at least reduce the problems that led to it. I realize that I will have problems from time to time.

I don't like paying for hosting and also having to find ways to monitor it myself. I need to check my sites a few times a day now, because I cannot rely on Hostony, and must bring these problems to their attention each time.

Like I said, for the most part, I have been pleased with the price/performance ratio of Hostony. I just think they need to let their customers in on the problems/solutions, especially in situations where it is persistent.

I think most people, even if they were told there were major problems with the server they were hosted on, would be reassured to know that Hostony knew exactly what it was, and was making efforts—and progress—to fix the problems now and prepare for similar future problems.

We are internet geeks here, we want information. I understand problems occur, but when I ask "What caused it, what steps are being made to avoid this in the future", and I get a response like "OK your site up now.", I get frustrated. Hell, if I was told that they were understaffed and getting to my problem ASAP, I would be a bit more understanding. I am not expecting the world of these guys, considering the pricing. I know what I am getting into with an inexpensive host. Just give us some real information, please.

OK, done ranting!

It is, and I quote, useless to complain about that.
I have made COUNTLESS complaints just like that and either Hostony ignores it or doesn't listen to your problems.

Cut it short, move on and get a new host.
http://www.dreamhost.com
horhey23
Well once again my sites are down, so at least another hour or two (if I am lucky) for the support ticket to get fixed. This is getting ridiculous, Hostony is now up to about 2 or 3 times a week for the past month with server issues, at least for me.

Not only are my sites down, but all the email as well, effectively grinding any business to a halt.

Mr. Hedgehog, I may be following suit. I have given Hostony all the benefit of the doubt to reassure me that they are on top of things, and I have yet to get any sort of specific response to the repeated downtime I am experiencing.

If this were a free service, it might be acceptable. But since I am paying, it's inexcusable.
Dark Hedgehog
Just switch hosts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here