Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many people have sites up and down?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
PTVideo
In the last two weeks, my site on server 21 is up and down two or three times a day, I have write lots of trouble tickets, always with the same response, "we are working on the problem", "the site is now running", "we are rebooting the server", etc, etc, but the problem continues.

What is really happen with servers at Hostony? This is not a normal situation! Two weeks to solve a stability problem? My feeling is that this is a strategy to something that I can't understand.

I don't blame the support team, as they always do a quick response to my tickets, but why can't they solve the problem?
MartinB
I think than the thing is than they depend of the DataCenter Engineers for some hardware and tunning issues of the servers
MartinB
An extract of a note from Serge Riabchuck, maybe it clarify something about your windows servers... :

As you know we had many issues within last months generally with our windows servers caused by latest Microsoft update and aftoreboot issue, but almost within past year we did not had any serious issues. Now weare reviewing our servers in order to increase server security and are moving customers from servers with outdated OSes to the new servers. All that activity also criticised by people who don't like to be troubled with moves , etc. But we are doing our best in order to improve our services.

Thatnk you very much for continuous support of Hostony.
PTVideo
I'm not in a windows server!
MartinB
Sorry about that.
I have had problems with the linux server where i'm, but they finally make it stable again. It's working quite well again. Hope your server will be ok again soon smile.gif
PTVideo
Thank you for your wishes. I'm very annoyed at this time, as this nightmare seems to never end. The sponsors of my site are very unhappy, I can't support this situation for more time, the only way I can see is move away. sad.gif I really like hostony
MartinB
and if you ask them to move your account to a most new and stable linux server (like Cpanel 36, for example ) ?
PTVideo
I had asked for it first time at 21/10/2005. I'm now talking with a support team member about that... smile.gif Just in time, to get back to Hostony.

Thanks for your preoccupation in my problem.
today
I have this problem also, snice last sunday the site up and down for few time, now the connection of the MYSQL are totally down for a weeks.

this is what I get :
=====================================================
IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'todaydis'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL error: Access denied for user 'todaydis'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
mySQL error code:
Date: Saturday 29th of October 2005 11:15:22 AM
=====================================================

and they only reply me the server hardware was down they going to move to a new server, but it take a week time still the same.

lucky before this happen, I wanted to continue for another 2 years contract and my request with some transection error......else I will be stuck again. I had hold 2 other account on other hosting too do not have such nightmare(nightmad)....again(hehe.... I use to contact them in the night in singapore time, so that time I away be mad with this problem... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif )
wgjniessen
After the migration of server 32, my 9 websites are down at once, and e-mail get's bounced.
Lehrer
The e-mail will start working in 24-48 hours after the move.
We apologize for the inconveniences, but we are going to cancel server 32 completely as we are not satisfied with it. All the customers are moved to other servers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here