Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is my reseller info?!!
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
rez
I specifcly requested and payed for an upgrade to a starter reseller package after I definately canceled my shared hosting package.

I have received cPanel info for my site, as if I have another shared hosting plan.

I was told my site would be moved to my own hosting and I was expecting WHM info.

Please check my package plan and where is WHM? I am new to WHM, so I could be wrong but I expected links to that interface, at least in addition to my own cPanel.

totalii.com
MartinB
Try going to:

http://yourdomain.com:2086/
or http://yourIP:2086/

and use the same username and password they has provided you, maybe they just forget the link to WHM smile.gif
rez
I see WHM now. I am new to WHM and will read about it but shouldn't I see my own site in WHM? WHM shows 0 accounts. I thought I would be managing my own site in WHM as if I was my first client.

Please explain. smile.gif
MartinB
post a trouble ticket, they will correct this.
(maybe they have created your website account outside your whm.... it's best for you, because your are not spending your reseller resources, but it's not correct, so it depend on your honesty wink.gif )

btw: you can found a lot of very ilustrative tutorials about WHM at help.hostony.com
rez
Thanks for your help. Who are you anyway? That is exactly what happened and they didn't understand what I was talking about. They seem to only read half of the ticket messages or give the same irrelavant info. It's the same, live in AIM. I definately need to read more about WHM but you knew what I was talking about right away. Why doesn't their so called tech experts? It's very stressful to keep repeating myself in different words trying to get them to understand me. It's really ridiculous and turns into a full day of back and forth tickets and AIM support.

Why couldn't they just explain what you did in 2 seconds?

Anyway! I wish I would have known what I do now! I understand what you mean. I should have left things alone. Ha! My site is now in WHM. Oh well. I was thinking that I was still using resources but didn't have control of the amount of space used, etc. So, you are saying I probably had a full account ready to be used in addition to my site being up in it's previous space. ( i upgraded) Ha, oh well, as you said, this is the honest way that its supposed to be...... yeah right..... darn it!
MartinB
Thanks for your help. Who are you anyway?
I'm ....... ph34r.gif ... Martin biggrin.gif

That is exactly what happened and they didn't understand what I was talking about. They seem to only read half of the ticket messages or give the same irrelavant info. It's the same, live in AIM. I definately need to read more about WHM but you knew  what I was talking about right away. Why doesn't their so called tech experts? It's very stressful to keep repeating myself in different words trying to get them to understand me. It's really ridiculous and turns into a full day of back and forth tickets and AIM support.

I think they are overloaded, but it's not their fault. They are very cooperative guys wink.gif . Maybe their boss just need to asign more people to hostony support, but you know...a business politic.

Why couldn't they just explain what you did in 2 seconds?
cool.gif

Anyway! I wish I would have known what I do now! I understand what you mean. I should have left things alone. Ha! My site is now in WHM. Oh well. I was thinking that I was still using resources but didn't have control of the amount of space used, etc. So, you are saying I probably had a full account ready to be used in addition to my site being up in it's previous space. ( i upgraded) Ha, oh well, as you said, this is the honest way that its supposed to be...... yeah right..... darn it!

Good luck with your new reseller account smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here