Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Personal Emergency
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Tigersan
All is well with my site, however, I have caught the attention of a very deranged individual: I will be contacting the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center today! My question is how can I change the information connected with my website? I want to change the data one sees when they run a WHOIS search on my domain. Please advise.

R/S
MartinB
QUOTE(Tigersan @ Oct 28 2005, 11:37 AM)
All is well with my site, however, I have caught the attention of a very deranged individual: I will be contacting the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center today! My question is how can I change the information connected with my website? I want to change the data one sees when they run a WHOIS search on my domain. Please advise.

R/S

You need to go to your registrar control panel and change the whois info for owner, support, and billing contacts.

I think you can't put wrong values due to ICANN terms and conditions, but i know about some registrars who have an additional services called something like "ID PROTECT" or something like that. With that, the whois information is hidden.

I recommend you to contact your registrar urgently about the issue.
Tigersan
Thanks for the info.

I wasn't able to find a "registrar control panel" in cPanelX. I will do some more searching.

I looked into the "ID PROTECT" option, but those sites require that the domain name be registered with them. Hostony is the registrar I used for my domain.
Tigersan
I have opend a support ticket.
MartinB
ah ok, i don't know hostony is your domain registrar too.

the best option is to post a ticket, as you have done.

good luck!
Tigersan
I received an email this morning (Japan Time) that they are changing this data smile.gif Thanks for your help.
MartinB
You're welcome smile.gif
you are exactly in the other side of the earth for me smile.gif
11:27 pm now in argentina... going to sleep!
Tigersan
Hello to all again smile.gif

I received a PM about the status on my legal situation with my would-be-assailant so I though I would post here to let all who are interested know the outcome. After contacting the FBI's website, I discovered that I needed to contact the local authorities because the person made a threat to do physical harm to myself. With only the individual's IP address and username, I contacted the police department in the same city as the individual's ISP. The city police were not able to do much with only the IP address, and they informed me to contact my local police station to file the threat there. But, since I am living overseas and I do not wish to make an international incident out of this whole thing, I decided to do a bit more research into who was threatening me. Within a few hours, I was able to come up with the individual's full name, phone number, address, date of birth, the names of the friends he hangs around with, and even the names of his pet cats! After collecting this data, I contacted the police station located at this individual's home town. All has been taken care of smile.gif

The final thread concerning this matter can be found at: http://tigersan.com/f1/viewtopic.php?t=21
MartinB
just.... "WOW"!
I am going to assure myself to being very nice with you in the future! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here