Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else disgusted by tech support?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
localgeek
I have gotten trhough to chat once and messenger always ignores me untill i tell them they are ignoring me (after about 10 minutes without even a hello, hold on please) and when they finaly do respond they dont do anythign about the problem (ex: SMTP, FTP, and POP have all been down for over 24 hours on my server, i brought it to their attention about 24 hours ago after waiting a few minutes to see if it was a server reboot) they are ALWAYS rude to me which is when i begin to get nasty with them. they never tell me what the actual problem is they only tell me "they are working on it" which i find hard to believe if it takes over 24 hours to fix SMTP being down when really a server reboot would probbaly fix it.
kanasta
they are always polite to me, but always slow to fix anything.
disk space was full for a week, and my site can't process PHP for some magical reason since 3days ago.
If I wasn't prepaid, I would be looking for another host now.
bpgisme
They are usually very fast for me, but lately I've been fixing the problems myself before they do while waiting for them to work on my support ticket. And I just had a PHP problem too. It had to do with the upgrade on the server changing the name of a particular file... It went from /home/ to /new_home/ and I couldn't get any of my images to upload in my weblog, so I went in and changed the config.php to the right path and that fixed the trouble.

I think they're doing the best they can... There must be a ton of people trying to get sites to work after the upgrades and maintenance.

-Bonnie
Moinon
My guess is that the support is getting poorer and poorer. They used to be reactive until last year ago but it is now turning into a nightmare ...
today
compare to mine, I think your all are small matter, since day1 I join here..... the nightmath follow me 1 year and 9 months.......... the web site down for more than 50 time....... most of the time it up and down very often..... only 3 month I am happy with the server without giving me any problem........ and it back again.

they will fix the problem but sometime may take a few day......

now the server down for more than 3 days (MySQL), the reply to me is the hardware problem on the server and they are trying to move the data to a new one....... but events I try to ftp my data for backup...... also can't access.......

foce my self to spend some extra money to apply for a new hosting..... that is what I can do ............ have mad with hosting here.
kanasta
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Oct 26 2005, 10:48 AM)
They are usually very fast for me, but lately I've been fixing the problems myself before they do while waiting for them to work on my support ticket.  And I just had a PHP problem too.  It had to do with the upgrade on the server changing the name of a particular file...  It went from /home/ to /new_home/ and I couldn't get any of my images to upload in my weblog, so I went in and changed the config.php to the right path and that fixed the trouble. 

I think they're doing the best they can...  There must be a ton of people trying to get sites to work after the upgrades and maintenance. 

-Bonnie

U know anything about PHP?

My site has been down for 3-4days now, they did something so I can't use .htaccess
to enable PHP in .html files.

Now my site is a mess of raw PHP code and support is 'working on it' whatever that means.
bpgisme
Gosh... No. Unfortunately I had to have a walkthrough to do what little fixing I had to do the other day. If you do a Google search for the exact error you're getting you should find help out there. That's what I did. I was getting _ERROR_UPLOADMOVE so I did a search for that and found several detailed explanations of how to fix it, so I tried each one until I got one that did the trick.

I'll bet there's other folks here who know a lot about PHP though. smile.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme
By the way, going back to the original post of this thread, when I got up today I was supposed to upload a new remix of one of my tunes on the site. I got an error saying I couldn't upload because the disk is full. So, I put in a support ticket. In just a little while I got a response. They cleared more space on the disk and I was able to upload the mp3 and everything just fine. It all happened in less than 1 hour. Service is still good. smile.gif And fast. Support tickets help me the most.

Anyway, just thought I should mention that.

-Bonnie
ak4life
my experience has lately been poor.

support used to be much better and while they're still polite for the most part, i think they're overworked which leads to lousy service.

what concerns me more than poor support is crappy product: too much downtime lately and staff broken following changes done with no regard to the customer.
today
6 days ago, I had told the support my "MYSQL" Connection error, they reply me it work, but till today the forum still down.

I already requested for a refund and terminate my service with them, you know what happen? they send me a email asking me why I want to cancel my account, by poor service or poor hosting or....? look like everytime the support reply is auto reply by the system....

Lucky I have host an account with IPowerweb now and my nightmad is end.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No FTP can be use for backup...... I think they had stopped my account for downloading but my last day of the service is end of Nov 2005.
imaginative2
I have also been experiencing dramatic changes in support from hostony. It used to be once good, but I guess due to the large number of clients they simply cannot handle that many request as fast as they used to do few months back.

MSN Support: As soon as the question is a bit too complex he doesn't answer and if i ask him again he will tell to open a support ticket.
It gets a bit annoying me waiting for him to reply because if something doesnt work i cannot continue progressing on my page.

What I have realized is that many host simply say "It works for me" eventhough they havent tested it, or if it doesn't even work at all. They say this to let the customer think the problem is on his side, rather than putting the blame on the hosting company where it belongs.

I had to change many hosts over the past few months and i prayed that Hostony will satisfy my low standards which are basically just,

1.) stable host that is up for over 95% of the time
2.) will answer my support questions within hours

Sadly these two demands seem to become unbearable and I do not feel like changing the hosts again, but if I am forced to so shall it be.

Please improve your customer support and take our complaints to heart
today
Now I can use my Ftp to download all my data ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ..... hope the backup will go smooth. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here