Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: server35 mysql down again
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
iroc42
QUOTE(Alexandre @ Oct 22 2005, 05:16 AM)
Dear Customers,

The problems with mysql  on server 35 were fixed two days ago.

I'm closing this topic.

Thank you for all your patience.

wink.gif

rolleyes.gif
*cough* down once again.
shall we start another 5 page thread guys?
micah
what makes me laugh is he claimed it was fixed 2 days before, yet we all reported it down on the day he made that claim.
dott
Doesn't look like it's fixed to me! I still get the same errors as before. What's the point of closing the topic anyway. BTW, I just lost over 40 new posts that I was trying to read!

10-23-05 @ 10:29pm CST

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock'

(111) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
micah
mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
iroc42
yep. still down.

this is turning out to be pretty fun, get to post whore on something important.. meet up with the usuals on the same server..

only thing that ######, is the 100s of users that think im incompitent as a web designer that visit the site while the databse is down.
dott
QUOTE(iroc42 @ Oct 23 2005, 10:34 PM)
only thing that ######, is the 100s of users that think im incompitent as a web designer that visit the site while the databse is down.
All the while you're working your butt off to keep everything working.

10-23-05 @ 11:07pm CST still down

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

iroc42
yep. ###### for us.
hey hostony. flip that fix switch again plz. my sites still broke.
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
micah
maybe a cron job is in order... every 4 hours just restart the service since chances are it will be down at that time anyway rolleyes.gif

the response time is really not that impressive either. I hate sitting here waiting for it to come back up knowing what needs to be done and not having the ability to do it.
iroc42
oh yeah its freakin horrible. i sign on to my site getting ready for a big update,. got plenty of flyers and pics to upload.. and what do i get? database error..

oh yeah and btw hostony.. its down again.
micah
Down again. Thought it was fixed Alex?

mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
dott
10-24-05 @ 4:22PM cst

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Lehrer
Dear customers, we have finally found two users- mysql overloaders on that server.
The things are going to get better now.
micah
we will keep our fingers crossed!
Charles lapointe
mysql is down alot of time, not happened to me yet in 2 months, i am very happy!!
micah
mySql is down right now.

"Charles lapointe" I take it you are not on Server 35. It is down multiple times daily on our server.
dott
Charles, which server are you on?

BTW, 10-25-05 @ 5:15pm CST

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

micah
again...

mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
bpgisme
You could try changing the path to /new_home/ instead of /home/. That's what I had to do. smile.gif

-Bonnie
micah
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Oct 26 2005, 04:56 AM)
You could try changing the path to /new_home/ instead of /home/.  That's what I had to do.  smile.gif

-Bonnie

the problem is that the mySql service gets overloaded and becomes unavailable.
micah
down again.

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
dott
10-28-05 @ 5:51am CST

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

micah

getting better... but not fixed yet.
nonesuch
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

Nov. 1, '05
11:55 CST
dott
11-1-05 @ 11:57am CST

micah
nonesuch
and again

11-1-05 7:41pm CST

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
Slavik
working now.
micah
down again.

"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)"
micah
again.

micah
was up for a few minutes... down again.

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (11)
dott
11-5-05 @ 7:19am CST

micah
Its actually been down for over 3 hours now.

5:00AM:
mysqldump: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) when trying to connect
iroc42
havent posted in this for a while...

STILL DOWN mad.gif

k.
nonesuch
and again

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (11)
micah
uhg.

"Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

and then...

" Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)"
nonesuch
nonesuch
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
micah
still down.

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
nonesuch
"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)"

hello, did tech take a vacation?
micah
so it came back up late last night... but its down again now.

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (11)
dott
11-14-05 @ 2:20pm CST

dott
Damnit! This host ######! I can't even estimate how much data I've lost.

11-16-05 @ 6:31am CST

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
dott
11-17-05 @ 6:49am CST

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@austink5.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.austink5.net Port 80
Slavik
The problem with mysql was fixed.
micah
QUOTE(Slavik @ Nov 17 2005, 06:54 AM)
The problem with mysql was fixed.

sure they moved us to a new server, however, since we were moved, the site has had this server 500 error which says the server is misconfigured. Please refer to the support ticket i submitted.
R_S_C
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@austink5.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MartinB
Be sure that you have no php options configured in .htaccess files, this error is typical when you have changed php values in .htaccess files and PHP is configured as SU EXEC.

use php.ini files instead of .htaccess.

(I know, maybe this is not the problem)
dott
11-17-05 @ 1:12pm CST

Internal Server Error

micah
here's the thing. The site was on server 35 and working. Yesterday the site was moved to server31 and this error began (about 11pm CST). there are no php config settings in the .htaccess and if you go to www.austink5.net/phpInfo.php you can see that php is working. hitting index.php will automatically send you to /phpBB/ which is where the forum is configured and there is no php.ini in that dir and the .htaccess has only a rewrite in it so there is no php config settings there either.

One thing I found was that the new server has me in /home2/ vs /home/ so I have searched and replaced any mention of the path in config files (the gallery is now working http://austink5.net/gallery/ ) ... the only thing that isn't working is the phpBB so at this point I agree that it is not Hostony's problem... HOWEVER, something else I noticed is that the new server is running php4.4.1 vs 4.3.10

is there something else that needs to change? I really don't know what to do next.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here