Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another server down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
dreamer
Amidst this flood of "server down" topics, I'm not sure how much of a difference this one will make but:

Our site is down. It's at http://racerxband.com

Tom
wizoz
For whatever it is worth, and bored s...less waiting for my site to get back up and be able to read mail, I fumbled to DNSStuff.com and alas!:

<paste>
DNS Lookup: racerxband.com A record
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com

How I am searching:
Searching for racerxband.com A record at h.root-servers.net [128.63.2.53]: Got referral to a.gtld-servers.net. [took 11 ms]
Searching for racerxband.com A record at a.gtld-servers.net. [192.5.6.30]: Got referral to ns16.hostony.net. [took 7 ms]
Searching for racerxband.com A record at ns16.hostony.net. [70.84.105.196]: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for racerxband.com A record at ns16.hostony.com. [66.98.144.44]: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for racerxband.com A record at ns16.hostony.net. [70.84.105.196]: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for racerxband.com A record at ns16.hostony.com. [66.98.144.44]: Timed out. Trying again.

There is no need to refresh the page -- to see the DNS traversal, to make sure that all DNS servers are reporting
the same results, you can Click Here.

Note that these results are obtained in real-time, meaning that these are not cached results.
These results are what DNS resolvers all over the world will see right now (unless they have cached information).

</paste>

So ns16 is not responding (as is not ns19 at the moment - which is one of my nameservers...), so there might be (one of) your problem(s).

BTW is ns16.hostony.COM the right nameserver?

Cheers,

PS. Make sure you open a ticket, this way Hostony can track these issues better.
dreamer
QUOTE(wizoz @ Oct 19 2005, 11:16 AM)
BTW is ns16.hostony.COM the right nameserver?

I'm not sure. I think it may be a backup name server for the .net ones. or vise-versa.
wizoz
OK, they are separate IP's so they should be separate machines, just thought you should check that they are correct.

A good site to pass the time whilst waiting for your site to come up: www.goodtyping.com. Personal best is still level 8 in 30 minutes, after that things start gettting hairy. Never been the fastest typist though, but sure makes you train... hehehe
dreamer
Got a reply to my support ticket.

All fixed smile.gif

Thanks, guys!
dreamer
And it's down again.

Same problem again? Anyone?
Slavik
http://racerxband.com/ is working now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here