Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about hosting
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
theguy71730
To get a website with hostony, you have to give hostony various personal information. I found that searching on whois.net will reveal ALL of the information to ANYONE who wants it, inluding my first and last name, address, and phone number.

is there any way to not allow this?
MartinB
some domain registrars provide an extra service for mask your personal information in whois querys. It have an extra cost.
Lehrer
QUOTE(theguy71730 @ Oct 18 2005, 01:42 AM)
To get a website with hostony, you have to give hostony various personal information. I found that searching on whois.net will reveal ALL of the information to ANYONE who wants it, inluding my first and last name, address, and phone number.

is there any way to not allow this?

Dear customer, by default your domain name contains the information of hostony(company owner) You can set your own details if you wish, and this is for free.
ak4life
i would not rely on Hostony to register your domains and in fact would host my site elsewhere too..

just take a look at all the problems other users are reporting on these forums..

before i signed up with hostony a couple of years ago, i looked at the forums and thought support was good, the user community was good and the product was good.

support and product have really been crap as of late. pity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here