Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is just unacceptable.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
KnifeyMcShanker
Starting about a week ago, server 35 has been doing HORRIBLE. Mysql has about a 20% uptime (no joke) adn the only time mysql is actually running is for the hour or so after I tell one of the live support guys, then it goes back down an hour or so later. Also, I looked at the load averages of server 35, and they are WAY TOO HIGH! Hostony, you need to move some of the intensive CPU users off 35 for the good of everyone else. Sometimes the server is so overloaded that it takes well over 30 seconds just to RESPOND and START sending data. I'm afraid that if this is not fixied I will have to take my business elsewhere.
Slavik
Hello,
we are trying to find all the users who overload the server and we'll move them to the different server.
brikface
QUOTE(Slavik @ Oct 17 2005, 02:19 PM)
Hello,
we are trying to find all the users who overload the server and we'll move them to the different server.

Erm, it's not a matter of finding users who "overload the servers". It's a matter of configuring mysql on your servers to handle realworld database usage. Once again it comes down to this: hire real network admins or go into a business you can handle, like chicken farming or mowing lawns or something.

--
Bf
MartinB
Once again it comes down to this: hire real network admins or go into a business you can handle, like chicken farming or mowing lawns or something.

I think that the violence and the lack of respect are not the solution nor help to anybody.

I'm suffering a business crisis too due to server20 unstability, but we are in the hands of the support guys (people too) so.... be nice with them wink.gif
KnifeyMcShanker
Actually, it looks like they fixed it! CPU load has been generally smaller lately (I have a cool little php script that checks, http://u3clan.com/sysinfo ) And mysql has been up.

Thanks hostony!
MartinB
QUOTE(KnifeyMcShanker @ Oct 17 2005, 08:34 PM)
Actually, it looks like they fixed it!  CPU load has been generally smaller lately (I have a cool little php script that checks, http://u3clan.com/sysinfo ) And mysql has been up.

Thanks hostony!

nice server.
here is mine: http://www.wizhosting.com/phpsysinfo/
MartinB
I am not really an expert of high servers, but i think our server (20) need more ram.
it gow to 100% in minutes, and it consume all swap too. so, without ram, and without swap... the crash is inminent.

It's sad if the problem can be resolved just adding a ram slot, and it's not resolved sad.gif
KnifeyMcShanker
Yeah, servers like these should have about 4gb of RAM, server 35 doesn't even have one gig, 20 almost has 2 gigs.
MartinB
QUOTE(KnifeyMcShanker @ Oct 18 2005, 07:59 PM)
Yeah, servers like these should have about 4gb of RAM, server 35 doesn't even have one gig, 20 almost has 2 gigs.

yes i see other servers in some place with 6gb to 12gb of ram
but maybe they put more accounts per server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here