Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maintenance
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Dima
DEAR CUSTOMERS OF HOSTONY!!!!!!!

Every weekends we are going to perform the sheduled maintenance on our servers and this will cause some reboots of the servers. Thus,your websites and email will not work for a couple of hours because we'll be upgrading the software on the server

Hope for your understanding and patience

HOSTONY SUPPORT DEPARTMENT
rsstites
Is this going to be a continuous problem?

The members of my site are leaving due to the above mentioned updates. When you're updating your servers it causes my MySQL databases to go down, which in turn causes my site's forum to go down. The forum is responsible for approximately 40% of my sites traffic (by individual users).

I would not have signed up with your company if I would have known that my site would be down so often.
theguy71730
http://hostony.com/hosting.html

Uptime Guarantee (99%)

gaurenteed for all hosting plans huh.gif
kanasta
I have had more downtime with this Web host in my one year here that I have had with my previous Web host in the four years I had been with them, andplus 2 years with another Web host before thatt
rsstites
Well, nobody from support answered my questions.

I did the math and half of my site is down 4% of the time (my forum). While elements of the other half of my site are also down 4% of the time (my internal search, my chat room and my polls).

I believe that is less up-time than what was guaranteed (99%). I don't understand why a hosting company would disable the MySQL databases an hour a day, every day.
Alexandre
Hello,

We offer a 99% uptime guarantee but not a 99.99%

We have 99% uptime guarantee. 100% you saw on the network page means 100% network avaliability, but not uptime because server uptime includes hardware + software + network.

We have BGP routing setup and this means that if any connection to the datacenter fails traffic will go through other pipe.
100% network SLA covers only datacenter connections but not the whole Internet.
In case there will be a problem on op backbone or some local ISP fails and you won't be able to access your site just because of local ISP failure or transit provider it won't be covered by SLA because server will be still online and connected to the internet for the rest of the world.

We don't have any SLA agreements for our customers and just noted on the network that we have the one with our providers to show that network is reliable enough that our providers put a guarantee on it.

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
today
did the maintenance make thing smooth or ....... turn bad? my web forum down since last sunday (singapore) and it up and down for so many time for this 3 days.... now the "MYSQL" still not function yet!
rsstites
My forum seems to be loading slower, but possibly a little better. But I wanted to show you what Google has indexed for my forum (becuase of all the down-time).

"phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database
phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database.
forums.heroesofgaming.com/watched_topics.php - 1k - Cached - Similar pages"

It's a simple text copy and paste, but you get the idea. The top line is the title and link to the site, the second line is the description, and the third line is the address line.

Try it yourself. Type "site:forums.heroesofgaming.com" into a Google search box.

If people can't find me using Google then my site will die.
rsstites
The problems seem to be getting worse, not better. My forum (not my entire site) was down for two hours this morning, and is down again right now. It's giving me the same error saying it can't connect to the database?

Soon my site will be fully integrated into MySQL, and when that happens then the entire site will go down when it can't connect to the database.

How much longer do I have to endure this level downtime. I have been patient living with my 95% up-time.
apsoda
QUOTE(Alexandre @ Oct 24 2005, 05:25 PM)
Hello,
We  offer a 99% uptime guarantee but  not a 99.99%

We have 99% uptime guarantee.

one which you don't live up to.

Where do I get a refund for my remaining months please?
Dark Hedgehog
Its odd how most of the team never responds.
But heck, you will meet bumps in the road.

My search for another host still continues but I am looking at one currently.
Dark Hedgehog
QUOTE(apsoda @ Nov 1 2005, 06:26 PM)
one which you don't live up to.

Where do I get a refund for my remaining months please?

I do not believe there are any refunds, most of which companies try to avoid doing that is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here