Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solution to downtime = switch hosts
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
saturn
I got tired of the failed service of Hostony and switched to Host Excellence. So far, things have bene going really well. I'm using a Windows account and there aren't a ton of good Windows hosts out there. The cost is comprable and I suggest you check it out if you're tired of all the downtime.
balbed
I feel like Hostony isn't giving much choice but to do the same soon.
Dark Hedgehog
The entire "this host is bad" means nothing.

One day, that host you are on is going to go exactly how Hostony is going now.
Not everything is perfect..
saturn
I'd have to disagree with you Dark Hedgehog. I used to be with Infinology and they were the worst web host ever. They had hidden fees, changed security rights, dropped emails constantly, got their email servers blacklisted by half the world, etc. Hostony, with as many snags as they've had, isn't not even close to being as bad as Infinology. So, it's not unreasonable to assume that another host might be even better than Hostony. I don't expect the new host to be perfect, just better than Hostony. So far, it's much better.
Dark Hedgehog
Well, i'm not saying that every host is top-notch out there.
I've seen that that are worth existing and some that need to go off the net.

But then again, there are some that need to go.
You just need to find what is best for you.
ak4life
hostony didn't used to be as bad as they have been lately. my guess is that have been very successfull and have been adding a lot of customers, but without making the necessary infrastrcture or staff investments along the way. which has led to the POS hosting we got now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here