Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My site's down this time...
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bpgisme
Actually, it was down for an hour two days ago, but they fixed it really fast once I contacted them.

This time, it's giving me "connection refused".
According to InternetSeer:

"Connection Refused

A Connection Refused error occurs when the web server's host computer is found, but the host computer refuses to accept the connection on the default port. This usually indicates a problem with your web server software or the web server software is not running."

I can log in to cPanel okay, and get email just fine. I just can't see my website. Is that the same thing that's happening to others here?

Anyway, I put in a support ticket so I'm just waiting now...

-Bonnie
balbed
Yes, I'm getting connection refused. I can FTP in but nothing visible on the web.

Maryam
bpgisme
They're definitely working on it! Now it says this:

Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.

If you can see this page, then the people who own this website have just installed the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.

ATTENTION!
    If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending mail to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running the Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to the Apache Group, so please do not send mail about this site or its contents to the Apache authors. If you do, your message will be ignored.

The Apache online documentation has been included with this distribution.
Especially also read the mod_ssl User Manual carefully.

Your are allowed to use the images below on your SSL-aware Apache Web server.
Thanks for using Apache, mod_ssl and OpenSSL!
saturn
bpgisme, I've seen your posts around the forum and I'd like to ask you for your domain name and permission to track the uptime over the next few weeks and compare it to several of mine. I use two seperate web hosts with prices that are comprable to Hostony and have had remarkable success. While uptime certainly isn't the only factor in what makes a good web host, it's something that offers a window into the reliability of the web host. It wouldn't be anything intrusive, just a simple check every 20 minutes. I'd like to see if I can convince you, and potentially others, that Hostony isn't the best web host for the money -- not even close.
Dark Hedgehog
Its BEYOND my knowledge why my post was completely ignored.

Any answers please?

I asked why my site was down and got NO answers.

sonicdash.net
bpgisme
No thank you, Saturn. I am very happy with Hostony. I did quite a bit of research before I came here, and I've been here since January of 2004. I'm not leaving. Thanks anyway. smile.gif

Dark Hedgehog, er... I must have missed something?

-Bonnie
Slavik
Dear Dark Hedgehog,
your domain is up and running.

Dear Bonnie was your problem fixed?
bpgisme
Yes it was, Slavik! I posted about it here:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=4516
It was Dmitriy who helped me this time. smile.gif (Is Dmitriy related to Max?)

I figured it was related to updating Apache software or something, since that Apache page came up for a short while.
All is well for me. It's been working great ever since.

Thanks for asking! smile.gif

-Bonnie
Slavik
You are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here