Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: server always up... and down
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
PTVideo
In the last few days, my site is like a gost, sometimes people can find it, other does not exist... a very good spec for sites about magic, or something like this, not to my site.
A has started my experience with web hosts, only two years ago, with Hostony, the support has been always great and fast, but the Hostony service is day after day less reliable. They promise 99% up time, tell me, is this realy true to every costumer?

Sorry, down times makes me very unhappy! I don't need lots of Giga Bytes, lots of bandwidth, lots of features, i need lots of server up time!
Dark Hedgehog
Then why not look for a reliable host with guaranteed uptime?
PTVideo
Good ideia. Can you give me one name?

Please don't joke with the costumers problems. Thank you.

By the way, at this momment my site is one more time down!
Slavik
PLease telll me your domain.
saturn
PTVideo, while I've only been with my new hosting company for a short time (~1 month), I have so far, had no problems and documented 100% uptime. The company is Host Excellence. I suggest you check them out if you're looking to switch.
MartinB
if you let me give my opinion, this is not very ethic. no matter how much frustrated do you are smile.gif rolleyes.gif
saturn
What isn't ethical? Posting information about another web host? He asked for a name of a good web host so I gave him one. The way I found out about Hostony was from my past host's forum. The way I found out about Host Excellence was from a Hostony forum. This is how things work. If Hostony is providing adequate service, no one is going to pay attention to my "advertisement" especially since everyone is locked into a contract.

So, in summary, I completely disagree with you (if you are in fact referring to my post) and am very glad other people out there disagree with you as well. People will come and go to and from Hostony from referrals by other people on blogs or posts. Moreover, if Hostony doesn't like it, they can delete the post.

Also, it's not a matter of frustration. I simply look at this as Hostony failing to live up to their advertised claims. When it comes to web hosting companies, it's all about reputation. I don't want someone else to be screwed over because Hostony gets away with making false claims about their service. If anything is unethical, it's that.
PTVideo
saturn - Thank you for your sugestion. If the problems with Hostony don't stop in short time certainly I will change to other host company.

I simply look at this as Hostony failing to live up to their advertised claims
Exactely. As a costumer a need to trust in what is advertised.

If Hostony is providing adequate service, no one is going to pay attention to my "advertisement"
One more time I think you are right. Nobody cares about other hosting companys, if they are happy with the service here they are.

At this moment my site is in sleep mode smile.gif not down, just sleep mad.gif
PTVideo
Wake up server 21!!! More than two hours down! Great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here