Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server 27 disk full
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Dag
The disk is full on server 27, again. I've already submitted a support ticket. I have no doubt that it will be cleared up, but in the meantime, I've got a request to make of Hostony... in the future, please don't increase disk space on plans unless you're absolutely sure the servers can handle it!

When I signed up for my plan - SuperProfi - it had, I believe, 3000MB of disk space. I was quite happy with that. Since it's been increased to 5000MB, it seems that the disk on my server gets full at least once a week. It can be quite an inconvenience! Don't get me wrong, I like having all that space, but to be honest, I don't use it. Right now, I'm using 292.38MB. That will probably increase soon enough, but it's nowhere near the 5000MB limit.

By increasing the SuperProfi plan from 3000MB to 5000MB apparently without upgrading the disks on the servers, you've really geared your hosting towards power users... I'm sure there are several SuperProfi accounts on my server that are right up there at 5000MB, which means that those of us who only use a little bit of space are effectively getting... outmuscled, so to speak, since we can't upload either when the disk is full. Given the choice between having 3000MB and being able to use all of it and having 5000MB and only being able to use part of it, I'd obviously take the former.

I'm sure you guys were just trying to give customers more for their money with the upgrade, but don't sacrifice quality for quantity. I really think you guys treat us (the customers) quite well, but upgrading the SuperProfi plan didn't turn out so well...

Of course, I don't know who or what is taking up the most disk space on my server, so I could be dead wrong about all of this. However, it seems the most logical explanation. Anyway, hope you get the disk cleaned up soon... thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to mention that it's already been fixed, so thanks for the quick support.
Lehrer
Dag, you are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here