Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Several questions about your windows plans
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Potential_New_Client
Hi.

I'm very interested in your Special Windows Hosting Plan, and would like to make a few inqueries before I subscribe one:

1) The registration of the free domain(s) can occour at any time after the plan subscription? (ie. not being necessary now, but being so 6 months from now)

2) I have my domain registered at Joker. After I subscribe the plan the domain will use Hostony's NS's. How will the creation of subdomains to that domain be handled? Will it only take the creation at Helm CP ?

3) Is e-mail accessed by POP3 only, or also by IMAP?

4) Does POP or SMTP support encryption?

5) Which is the defaut e-mail account quota? Can it be changed through Helm CP or Support?

6) Which is the default e-mail size when sending / receiving? Can it be changed through Helm CP or Support?

7) Is it possible to receive notification e-mail when a specified bandwith threshold is reached?

Sorry for the long list os questions, butall of them are important to help make the decision to subscribe the plan. smile.gif

Thank you for your time.
Slavik
Hello,
1. Yes it can be registered anytime.
2. Your subdomains will wok when you create them in Helm.
3. IMAP can be used.
4. No, they do not.
5. The default qouta for e-mail account on Windows server is 10 Mb and it can't be changed.
6. There is no limit on the size of e-mail.
7. You should watch it via your stats.

You are welcome.
Potential_New_Client
Thank you for your quick reply Slavik. smile.gif

It all seems very nice, and you have there a great hosting offer.

Your reply to windows e-mail account quota left me in one doubt: it can't be changed by Helm or it can't be changed at all, ie. by submitting a support ticket? wink.gif

My primary domain need at least a couple of e-mail boxes with higher quotas, as we deal with big e-mails and sometimes are away in business, not being able to check e-mails for a couple of days. sad.gif

Surely with an hosting account quota of 7 Gb you can be flexible in this aspect. I don't see an evident reason for such a low e-mail quota. unsure.gif
MartinB
You can get a Linux based plan, thete are very most flexible wink.gif

QUOTE(Potential_New_Client @ Oct 6 2005, 09:23 AM)
Thank you for your quick reply Slavik.  smile.gif

It all seems very nice, and you have there a great hosting offer.

Your reply to windows e-mail account quota left me in one doubt: it can't be changed by Helm or it can't be changed at all, ie. by submitting a support ticket?  wink.gif

My primary domain need at least a couple of e-mail boxes with higher quotas, as we deal with big e-mails and sometimes are away in business, not being able to check e-mails for a couple of days.  sad.gif

Surely with an hosting account quota of 7 Gb you can be flexible in this aspect. I don't see an evident  reason for such a low e-mail quota.  unsure.gif
Potential_New_Client
Hi mblendinger.

The catch is that I need ASP and will start needing .NET soon. sad.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Potential_New_Client @ Oct 6 2005, 09:57 AM)
Hi mblendinger.

The catch is that I need ASP and will start needing .NET soon.  sad.gif

Ops sad.gif

I'm sure if this is *possible* they will change it for you, the support guys are very cooperative. But i think than windows packages are a little hard to personalize.

good luck smile.gif
Potential_New_Client
hello? unsure.gif wink.gif
Slavik
Sorry for the delay with response
The qouta can't be changed on Windows server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here