Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Email limitations
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
dholden
Is everyone aware that hostony sets a limitation on emails (including mailing list) that you can send? I've been informed that the limit is 150 per hour per domain. So if you have 150 active email users, they will only be able to send out one message per hour. This limitation seems crazy. I understand that it helps to limit SPAM, but it also can severely limit regular business use of email. mad.gif
Slavik
This is the limit for shared servers only.
If you want not to have such a limit I'd like to advise you to have a VPS
NMB
what happens if user x sends out 155 emails to a mail list? does the remaining 5 get sent out in the next hour automatically?
JasonJones
QUOTE(dholden @ Oct 5 2005, 04:52 PM)
Is everyone aware that hostony sets a limitation on emails (including mailing list) that you can send?  I've been informed that the limit is 150 per hour per domain.  So if you have 150 active email users, they will only be able to send out one message per hour.  This limitation seems crazy.  I understand that it helps to limit SPAM, but it also can severely limit regular business use of email.  mad.gif

Not to belittle the problem but...

If you have 150 employee's actively using email within a given hour, you shouldnt be using an offsite email server anyways. You should contact an IT guy about setting you up an inhouse SMTP/POP server to handle that kind of load. That many employee's should be using local servers for email to limit the strain on your outbound connection to the internet as well. If you need help setting one up, let me know, I travel smile.gif

Jason
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here