Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guestbook spam
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bpgisme
Hello Hostony people!

I just have a quick question and maybe I need to contact support about this, but I was hoping I could do this myself. I'm getting frequent spam on my guestbook, and I'd like to set it up where, when the folks go to sign it, they have to type a code that's on a jpg or gif or something in order to prevent spam. Is this possible? If I need to install a different guestbook that's okay too. (As long as it's free anyway.) I'm just tired of having to go in and manually weed out the bad stuff all the time.

I'm using "Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1", by the way, which is the one that was on cPanel at the time.

Thanks!
-Bonnie
bpgisme.com
bpgisme
Well... I tried to fix it myself and I er... broke it. sad.gif Support is trying to help me with it now. I guess I should have just gone to support to begin with.

Oh well... All I can do is cross my fingers and wait now... smile.gif

-Bonnie
Alexandre
Hi Bonnie,
smile.gif

Please respond to your trouble ticket

wink.gif
bpgisme
Hi Alexandre! Thank you guys so much for trying to fix it. I finally gave up and started over. The darned thing just wouldn't fix for me. And my backup was way too old.

Here's a message for those who don't do regular backups.... DO BACK UPS! rolleyes.gif

I'm always telling my husband "do backups", "did you back that up?", but then I decide to "fix" my guestbook and I er.... don't make.... a... well,.... you get the idea. tongue.gif

Thanks for helping anyway Alexander! smile.gif I think it was both you and Max who helped me on that one.

-Bonnie biggrin.gif
Lehrer
Bonnie, you are always welcome smile.gif We were glad to help.
bpgisme
biggrin.gif

Thanks Lehrer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here