Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone else feel like they arent getting their 99%
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
localgeek
I dont know about anyone else but I was moved to a new server because I was getting very poor service on my old one, and they said it was the newest server they had and its gone down twice in the last week entirely, and in the last month mysql has gone down 3 times in turn making my site worthless. this is definatly not 99% uptime. not to mention I cant get anything out of support, When i ask as to why MySQL is not working they will only tell me they are working on it, or it seems to be working now which I am aware when it is fixed but I would still like to know why because of teh frequency of the problem. and I was completely ignored on chat earlier about my site being down.
Slavik
PLease provide me with your domain.
dragon39
me!

www.financemanila.net/forum is always down.

its down again now
saturn
This is day 5 of 100% downtime. I can't imagine that things should take this long. If there isn't some sort of refund there's no doubt I'll be filing with the Better Business Bureau. I would encourage others to do the same. It's the only way any company like this will learn. Either advertise your track record and give accurate numbers or expect to get a very bad reputation very fast.
dragon39
my site at www.financemanila.net/forum is running,

but cant send/receive mails!
dragon39
both email and domain are down again!

what the hell is this? ? ? ?
hardcoded
Yup, I've been hosted here for, huh, 2 years now, and I don't think I ever had a month with 99% uptime. But well, it's shared hosting... At this price, I can't really complain. I've tried other hosts in the past, and it was worse. So I guess I'll stick here until I decide to go with a dedicated server (And then, there will be no stupid kid anymore to run some php script that will bring down the whole server to it's knees (I guess that most of the times, servers are down because of this...)).

I think they should remove the 99% advertisement though. It's barely honest.
MartinB
QUOTE(hardcoded @ Oct 2 2005, 11:43 PM)
Yup, I've been hosted here for, huh, 2 years now, and I don't think I ever had a month with 99% uptime. But well, it's shared hosting... At this price, I can't really complain. I've tried other hosts in the past, and it was worse. So I guess I'll stick here until I decide to go with a dedicated server (And then, there will be no stupid kid anymore to run some php script that will bring down the whole server to it's knees (I guess that most of the times, servers are down because of this...)).

I think they should remove the 99% advertisement though. It's barely honest.

And what about VPS ? I'm thinking in that.
hardcoded
I never tried VPS, I don't know. However, I think that the issues with shared hosting (downtimes), might be similar to VPS' ones. Maybe not so bad due to the fact that the service is more expensive (less clueless kids running php scripts on the same server). It might be a good thing to try though...
MartinB
QUOTE(hardcoded @ Oct 2 2005, 11:59 PM)
Maybe not so bad due to the fact that the service is more expensive (less clueless kids running php scripts on the same server)

a VERY GOOD POINT. biggrin.gif

Yes, I'll get one to try soon, and if it's good i'll upgrade my current shared hosting accounts. I will let you know about my VPS experience.

greetings.
hardcoded
Great. I would indeed be very interested in some VPS feedback. Dedicated is a little too expensive for my needs (I use very few ressources), but 30$/month for root access and, most important, UPTIME, sounds reasonable to me.
bpgisme
I use InternetSeer:

========================================
Weekly Summary Report
========================================
http://bpgisme.com
Total Outages: 0.00
Total time on error: 00:00
Percent Uptime: 100.0
Average Connect time*: 0.11
Outages- the number of times we were unable to access this URL
Time on Error- the total time this URL was not available (hr:min)
% Uptime- the percentage this URL was available for the day
Connect Time- the average time in seconds to connect to this URL

smile.gif My downtime is very rare.
Of course, my website is probably a tiny fraction of the size you guys use...

-Bonnie
MartinB
wow, wich is your server ? smile.gif

for the last months, my numbers are like 96% and %98.80 for different services like http and pop (but i have 20 minutes interval only, so, it's not so accurate.)
Yevgeny
QUOTE(hardcoded @ Oct 3 2005, 03:16 AM)
Great. I would indeed be very interested in some VPS feedback. Dedicated is a little too expensive for my needs (I use very few ressources), but 30$/month for root access and, most important, UPTIME, sounds reasonable to me.

Try colocation - i found nice one for $19.99 a month for

1U Server
500GB Traffic, 100 Mbps Connection,
3 IP Addresses
Howdy7
I still do not have a clue as to what happened over the weekend with my site, (wormswrangler.com) I could not even access emails through cPanel for the better part of two days. My monitoring service shows quite a lot of downtime over the last month.
But, yes, your customer service is exceptional compared to my past experiences. And good value even with more down time than I would expect or like to have.
I hope the up time gets better. I am bringing new domains online and hope for 100% up time.
bpgisme
wow, wich is your server ?

for the last months, my numbers are like 96% and %98.80 for different services like http and pop (but i have 20 minutes interval only, so, it's not so accurate.)

Mblendinger, I'm on server 23. I'm not sure how often InternetSeer checks the site. It's a free account, so it's probably hourly? I'll go check it and see. Thing is though, it always lets me know when the site is down. It emails me like crazy, and that hasn't happened in a long time. I have had MySQL outages a lot, but I try not to rely heavily on MySQL anyway as that's a pretty common problem everywhere apparently. I even read an article a while back that suggested not to use it or to use it as little as possible. Again though, I'm just a little Profi account. The rest of you guys have the big business stuff going on. I'm just a crazy woman with a lot of time on her hands and too many hobbies. laugh.gif

-Bonnie
bpgisme.com
bpgisme
Yep. It's hourly. Here's the last week's daily average:

Day Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Weekly
Total
Date 09/28 09/29 09/30 10/01 10/02 10/03 10/04
Outages 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Time on error 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00 00:00
% Uptime 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0 100.0
Connect time * 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11 0.11

-Bonnie
kanasta
my site is also down at least 1day/mth. What's more, cpanel, disk full, other issues popup every 2-3wks making it impossible to update my site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here