Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: www.ysorokin.com
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Marinka
Ok, guys! I don’t know what the heck is going on, but our site is down 4 three days already!
Last week it was up and down constantly, but now it’s completely dead.
Can u do something about it or it is beyond your competence?
I’ve had support tickets open since the site first went down, but obviously no one cares to check them.

It’s just really annoying.
u know)

Thanks
Slavik
There is a crash of HDD on the server. We are planning to do OS reload on the server.
Everything will be working as soon as the process is completed.
Sorry for the caused inconveniences.
realtor
QUOTE(Slavik @ Sep 29 2005, 01:17 PM)
There is a crash of HDD on the server. We are planning to do OS reload on the server.
Everything will be working as soon as the process is completed.
Sorry for the caused inconveniences.

This seems to happen every few months. If you had a redundant backup hard drive like all the other hosting companies, this would not happen.
Lehrer
The OS reload is now completed. We are now installing HELM, which will take about 4-6 hours.
We have decided to make the OS reload as the server became rather unstable and almost unusable.
We apologize for the inconveniences.
sidherron
I find it inexcusable that a disk drive failure should take a server down in this day and age. Disk drives are cheap these days, and drive redundancy is easy to configure. I know -- I do this stuff for a living in my "day job."

I've got to say that, for the most part, the service Applause Studio has received from Hostony over the past year has been pretty good - but our site has been down twice this week, and this time we've been down for over 24 hours. That would be bad enough...but since you also hold our DNS records, when the server is down, we don't get any inbound email on the Exchange server at our own office, and our attempts to remotely access our office systems fail.

So this is "strike two." Our Web site is a critical part of our business, and email communications and remote access is even more critical. If there's a "strike three," for reasons that are easily preventable (like a disk drive failure), I'm pulling the plug and moving to another hosting company.

-Sid Herron
Applausestudio.org
2ltrlg
Can you do us (on the win servers) a favor and let everyone know when you are complete? I wouldn't have known the OS reload was complete without searching around the forums. I think that is a fair request.

thanks,
Slavik
We are restoring the data at the moment.
Marinka
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Sep 30 2005, 04:54 PM)
The OS reload is now completed. We are now installing HELM, which will take about 4-6 hours.

Guess what)
much more than six hours has passed! But our website still does not show any signs of life!!!
2ltrlg
ok ..finally my website is up .. thank you for that. however, i cannot ftp anything b/c my ftp client says my connection information is wrong (but i changed nothing).

And, HELM is not running either.

80% there, but still need a few thing fixed, please help.
thanks,
Yevgeny
FTP and mail is up but site still down, can not acces any files on it. It's second week now sad.gif
Slavik
ysorokin.com is working now.
Yevgeny
cannot connect to any DB

Link-ID == false, connect failed
mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

I tried to creater new DB but canot connect to it either
Yevgeny
It's almost 2 weeks now. I can't get any answer from you!!!!

site is not working - all my DBs are down.!!! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here