Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VPS experiences ?
Hostony Board > CLOUD VPS and Dedicated Servers > CLOUD VPS
MartinB
Hello:
Somebody here with a VPS who have some experiences to share with me ?
dragonfli
I just Moved from reseller to VPSStart Cpanel. Support was great on initial move of accounts, unfortunately they are ignoring me now that I just upgraded 2 levels to VPSSuper or whatever (I have been trying to figure out why my memory and CPU was not increased, only the bill.) I am beginning to think that upgrading the VPS is foolish as the upgrade only seems to cover the disk space (only half of what is promised even then). I think they ignore my tickets because they do not wish to support VPS.

Also, NO BACKUPS on VPS unless you do it yourself account by account or have your own OTHER external server to upload backups to.

I hope it improves. But the service, once excellent, is now like chirping crickets. I am worried about having no back-up, I would contact support, but they have mostly just been ignoring me the last couple of days. I will have to contact each of my clients and ask them to back-up and upload to me thier sites from cpanel. They will not like that. but what else can I do? I just tryed live chat to ask if they could perform full VPS back-up from their Virtuoso panel and put it somewhere I can download it (I don't have a panel for VPS only WHM),
But they are not answering chat at the momment either.
Maybe I accidentaly offended someone at support, if I did I don't know how, unless because of language difference they misunderstood me over something.
Yevgeny
i think they have major issue with Windows server , so they have no time to work on other issues.
MartinB
I'm planning to upgrade to VPS soon too.
but the backups issue don't like me so much.

I hope they have the same backup procedure as in their shared servers, transferring backups to another datacenter... but they don't answer these questions.

dragon: It's more fast ? and of course it have no downtime.... right?
dragonfli
M,

It's fast some of the time but runs out of memory sometimes just from cpanel stuff.
Has to autorestart services often, that is why I upgraded to super, but upgrade did not give me more memory or cpu, and they say 20000 for disk space in advertisement but whm root panel says 14G partition with 19% used (i only have 2g of files on server and already 20% full? ).
Maybe they can fix it but no progress in 3 days and no responses to tickets in well over 24 hours.

you can configure offsite back-up, but you have to tell it address and ftp login (they do not give you external server for this) Maybe you can set up ftp server on your home computer or find a cheap second server account for backup.

I have support ticket about back-up not being answered right now (over an hour).

They used to solve my problems (sometimes very well), but I think that VPS is not supported like shared hosting is (on my own now, @ only twice the cost).

Maybe you will have better luck, but don't upgrade in VPS environment. Start with bigger plan on first change from shared hosting, upgrade is not functioning correctly. Do it all in set-up, they worked hard when they did that part.

IMHO

D.
MartinB
Thank you VERY MUCH for your rich comments.

I'm worried about the memory problems, backups, and the "autorestart services often" comment. When i think in VPS, I'm looking for stability and performance, not mainly the "root access"

Thank you again, your post was very helpfull to me. smile.gif
dragonfli
For some reason they have closed my tickets without addressing the lack of resource upgrade. It is not a problem for them I guess.

Did Serge sell Hostony or something?
They used to at least try to solve problems.

I just added $20 per month on a VPS upgrade that didn't upgrade properly and they just close my tickets about it.

I guess they don't care that it is a $50 plan for $70

Maybe it is personal because it does not seem very professional.

I guess I will have to take it up with accounting since they won't upgrade it, or explain why, I hope they will return the billing back to before the malfunctioned upgrade.

they did at least offer to do a back-up for me that I can download.

If any staff are here - is it now policy to ignore and then close tickets like the ones I spoke of?
MartinB
I don't think than Serge has sell the company, i was talking with serge the last days.... huh.gif

I have the idea than VPS must have Virtuozzo Power Panel, but they offer only cpanel and whm....weird.

Also the memory and processor rate is low in all packages.... and i need some daily (okok, or weekly) auto-backup to another server.... and FULL 24/7/365 support, of course, doesn't matter if we have shared, vps, or dedicated, we are customers.

** I WANT TO STAY WITH HOSTONY **

I have a largue relation with hostony now, and i'm confortable with the offers and support guys.... please let me stay with you unsure.gif
dragonfli
I echo that.
Please let me stay, I have been here since 2003 and have been helped many times by staff.
Now is different somehow.
I miss the old days
Yevgeny
Same here. They used to fix things wery quck, i was talking to them via icq, but now, icq is off, and nothing get fixed fast anymore
jfmathieu
Hi everyone,

Is anyone have something to share on VPS ? Nobody on the forum use VPS ? smile.gif It working so fine that no body have request or come here to check ... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here