Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: phpnuke mail troubles
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
KnifeyMcShanker
Alright, I just set up an account with hostony and already some problems are arising. The local mail function will ONLY deliver mail to domains that are pointed to my IP (u3clan.com, u3team.org, u3team.net) but it will NOT send mail to anything outside of this list (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc.)

So I thought simply using SMTP would solve this. Wrong! It seems that the server does not have the SMTP function setup correctly. The error returned is as follows:

[Thu Sep 22 22:37:10 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smtpmail() in /home/u3clanc/public_html/main/includes/emailer.php on line 247
[Thu Sep 22 22:37:10 2005] [error] PHP Warning: send(): Failed opening 'includes/smtp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/u3clanc/public_html/main/includes/emailer.php on line 244
[Thu Sep 22 22:37:10 2005] [error] PHP Warning: send(includes/smtp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u3clanc/public_html/main/includes/emailer.php on line 244
[Thu Sep 22 22:37:10 2005] [error] PHP Warning: send(includes/smtp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u3clanc/public_html/main/includes/emailer.php on line 244

This is somewhat urgent and I would appreciate it if someone helped me out here.
Jhailer
This sounds much like the problem I am having, see my thread just below yours.

In trying to solve this over the past week and a half, I have been told:

1. it is my local ISP. (How this is even suggested is beyond me. )
2. "I'm too busy to help you"
3. your mail is working fine. (No, it isn't - hence all the trouble tickets)
4. (deafening silence)

very frustrating. I'm sure the support guys are working hard, but maybe they need a couple more of them.
KnifeyMcShanker
It's funny, those are the exact replies I get, and no one EVER answers emails, aims, etc. This is too much trouble, I have been searching in circles fopr the last 2 days for a solution. If this is not resolved in another day, I think I will just get a refund and switch to a more professional hosting company.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here