Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About the hurricane Rita
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Lehrer
Update
We have purchased Dell Dual Xeons 3.2 in otehr Dc located in California and will start doing full remote backups of our server in order to have user data backups in the worst case. The servers should be ready within 2 hours and we will have 24-36 hours to backup all data.

Though the news are promising. The hurricane should be only category 3 when it will reach our DC and it should not be a problem for DC as it was built to withstand category 4 hurricane.

Here is a piece of information from our DC:
Disaster planning is currently and has been underway for some time. Anytime we have a potential storm, we reassess our current level of readiness.

Should the hurricane make a direct path for the upper Texas coast, we will operate our core services with a limited staff so that the bulk of our employees can be with their families.

Employees will be on hand to handle emergency repairs and tickets. Routine tickets and upgrades will most probably have a delayed response.

As an extra precaution, we have even sourced an additional rental generator. While this unit would not be needed for a brief outage, if we were top experience a loss of power lasting several days, we would need to perform normal maintenance on our generators, and this would give us a generator to run while that maintenance is taking place. Maintenance such as oil changes is required under our operating specifications every 100 to 150 hours, meaning that we would need to perform maintenance sometime after 4-5 days.

All total, we have in excess of 10,000 gallons of fuel on site. We have guaranteed contracts for fuel delivery and two fuel depots are located within 2 miles of our facility.

Our staff is working to ensure an uninterrupted continuity of service.
We anticipate that the coming storm will have no impact on our operations. However, we are prepared to deal with any eventuality.

We have established a secondary support center in Wichita, Kansas and will be up and running there on Friday morning.

We estimate that we will have about 15 technicians and their families living in that area temporarily by Friday morning.

This center will have internet access for both vpn access into our ticketing system as well as for voip phone calls.

We apologize for any inconveniences.
MartinB
thank you for the notice.

I hope all will be fine with Texas community
MartinB
We have purchased Dell Dual Xeons 3.2 in otehr Dc located in California

I think you have another DC for backups, sinse several months.
isn't true ?

I read in the news than the path of RITA change a little, to luissiana.

wich is your dc in texas ? Internap, or eDeltaCom ?
(as you tell me in the past, you use both, some in dallas or houston, and other in atlanta ? maybe things have changed with the time.... keep me updated when you can, i need to update the "network"("infraestructura") section in my website )

greetings and good luck to all the hostony community!
Niels
*crossing fingers unsure.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Niels @ Sep 23 2005, 09:25 PM)
*crossing fingers unsure.gif

yes blink.gif unsure.gif

All will be fine smile.gif

If you have a heart, don't look at this:
http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/hurri...canes/rita.html
Niels
im looking @ this one

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html
Lehrer
Rather impressive. sad.gif
MartinB
Rita downgraded to level 2.
I think we wil survive.
MartinB
Hi.
do you have some news from your DC ?
Slavik
Everything is fine. Nothing damaged:)
bpgisme
Gosh! I didn't even think about you guys being in the path of Rita. We got hit with little Ophelia here on Oak Island, NC. I do hate hurricane season. tongue.gif

Glad you guys did okay!

-Bonnie
Lehrer
Yes, everything is fine with us, Bonnie, thanks. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here