Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server 35 SQL Down
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
Pages: 1, 2
bigguy_132
MySQL is down on server 35. Ive also been noticing that this server has been having troubles what is going on? mad.gif
Lehrer
Fixed. mysql is up already.
micah
simply restarting the daemon each time mysql goes down (almost daily) is not a fix! when will these issues be resolved? why can't Hostony host mysql without it going down multiple times a day?

Seriously. Someone tell me (a Microsoft guy...) is this really the kind of quality that linux/mysql usually give or is this a Hostony specific problem?

I chose a linux server so I could make use of open source code... I chose Hostony for the low price and what I considered to be a good deal/value. However "value" is relative to quality and I gotta tell you... I'm not impressed.
iroc42
yep same issue here. dealing with 1000 hits a day and mysql going down during peak time doesnt help us save face.

already looking into a transfer of servers. i'll definietly pay an extra 5 bucks just to have a more reliable mysql server.
Lehrer
root@server35 [~]# mysqladmin ping
mysqld is alive

The problem is fixed.
micah
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Oct 11 2005, 04:07 AM)
root@server35 [~]# mysqladmin ping
mysqld is alive

The problem is fixed.

FIXED? or just started again. my guess is that the "problem" is not fixed.
nonesuch
how does this company intend to keep customers with this kind of service?

I think the 99.9% uptime guarantee is a huge joke. Our site is down a dozen times a week.
Slavik
Do you experience the problem again?
dott
QUOTE(nonesuch @ Oct 11 2005, 05:47 PM)
how does this company intend to keep customers with this kind of service?

I think the 99.9% uptime guarantee is a huge joke. Our site is down a dozen times a week.

What difference does it make, if you pay in advance? There's no incentive for comprehensive customer service.
micah
QUOTE(Slavik @ Oct 11 2005, 05:03 PM)
Do you experience the problem again?

I think there is a miscommunication here. Your idea of what the "problem" is does not match with what we are saying the actual problem is. Mysql being down is not the problem, it is a result. Whatever the cause of mysql going down almost daily is, THAT is the problem we would like to be addressed.

Otherwise, I, for one, would like to be moved to another server (already tried server33, and now server35) that does not have this "problem"

ironically, the first server I was on, I believe it was server10 or 11, did not exhibit this problem... although it did have horrible speed/performance issues.
dott
QUOTE(micah @ Oct 11 2005, 08:04 PM)
I think there is a miscommunication here.  Your idea of what the "problem" is does not match with what we are saying the actual problem is.  Mysql being down is not the problem, it is a result.  Whatever the cause of mysql going down almost daily is, THAT is the problem we would like to be addressed. 

Otherwise, I, for one, would like to be moved to another server (already tried server33, and now server35) that does not have this "problem"

ironically, the first server I was on, I believe it was server10 or 11, did not exhibit this problem... although it did have horrible speed/performance issues.

Dead again, errors below.

10-12-05 @ 10:17pm

phpBB : Critical Error
Could not query config information
---------------------
10-12-05 @ 10:18pm

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48
Could not connect to the database
-----------------
Lehrer
Mysql is working OK on the server now. We are monitoring the server constantly.
micah
mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

today at 4:00pm CST
iroc42
yep same here.

i was shopping around i found what seems to be a reliable service according to the reviews. i will PM you the website. i probably will give them a test drive and let you know how it is.

im looking at 5000mb space; 700gb bandwidth; and many more for 6.95 a month.
100% money back if not satisfied.. so it looks like its worth looking into. if anyone else would like the service pm me.
dott
10-13-05 @ 4:32pm CST

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

iroc42
yep. broke again.
dott
10-14-05 @ 10:34am

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

dott
10-14-05 @ 7:14pm trying to connect to http://www.austink5.net/phpBB/

Could not query database for theme info
micah
mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

10/14/05 8:16pm
dott
10-14-05 @ 8:20pm

iroc42
down again.
Slavik
It's up and running.
micah
8:00 am CST 10/15

mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query
iroc42
still down for me.
msjerilee.com

*yawn*
iroc42
down again. and again. and.. yes. again.
micah
mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

10-15-05 1:15pm CST
iroc42
still down and waiting.
iroc42
up.. then down again.
micah
my ticket was marked fixed... but before I could verify, it was down again already... unless it was never up huh.gif
micah
wow, this is pretty bad guys. can't get it to come back up this time?

mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
iroc42
up for an hour.. down again.
iroc42
down once again.
dott
10-16-05 @ 5:52am

micah
again...

KnifeyMcShanker
It's down AGAIN! This is extremely frustrating.

HOSTONY, FIX SERVER 35 PERMANENTLY

I don't care about your little "fixes" that only last an hour, stop just restarting mysql and FIX THE PROBLEM PERMANENTLY.
dott
10-16-05 @ 8:05pm

Funny how this site is always accessible!
KnifeyMcShanker
http://www.u3team.org/main/ Big surprise.
http://www.u3team.org/stats/ I suppose the second example is redundant, but FIX THE PROBLEM.
dott
10-17-05 @ 4:03pm

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

iroc42
yep down again.
micah

the usual.
dott
10-18-05 @ 5:38am CST

But Hostony Forums is still accessible!
dott
10-18-05 @ 7:52am CST

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/austink/public_html/phpBB/db/mysql4.php on line 48

micah
micah
going on 3 hours down now?
dott
10-18-05 @ 4:50pm

micah

here is another indication of the level of support. not one response from the support team in how many posts?
MartinB
well, have you tried posting "support trouble tickets" ? wink.gif

http://support.hostony.com/
micah
multiple... daily.... almost hourly. thanks for the suggestion though.

I've just decided that maybe getting this a bit more public would motivate them to actually FIX the problem rather than simply restart the service with each ticket.
iroc42
yawn. down again.

yeah public.. i dont think they care.. they havent even done their normal "its fixed" posts the last 100 times.
dott
10-19-05 @ 5:25am CST

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here