Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mailing Lists
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
franz
I am on server28, and my users (about 50 of them) rely on mailing lists to stay informed (about 4-7 mailings per day typical). Since the beginning of September, the mailing list function has been unavailable to me, and I received this reply from your technician:

Dear Customer, the server is temporary blacklisted and that's why we are experiencing some problems with email

We've contacted AOL and asked them to unblock the ip of the server. We are still waiting for a response from them

We'll let you know as soon as we fix everything
When escalating this to a supervisor (feeling that this explanation was weak, given what I had described in detail to the tech), I received this response about a day later (i.e., this evening):

Dear Customer,

Your maillists are not working becase we kill all python process every 2-3 min Due to we have a problems with it (python overloads the server to much)

we are working on the problem to solve the solution

One of my primary uses of your servers is for these mailing lists, and you continue to advertise that they are a part of your service. As far as I am concerned, your lack of information, poor response, and apparent lack of committment to provide advertised services must be addressed and corrected immediately. Providing mailing list services just isn't that hard, especially at the relatively low volumes I require.
franz
I'm so sad, because when I came to Hostony I had just left a hosting company that completely ran my site into the ground. Hostony was a wonderful breath of fresh air that was quick, had good service, and very few disruptions of any kind. In recent months, though, I have experienced a gradual increase in frustration in both myself and in others (as expressed here in the forum) with the level of service, support, and (especially) communication coming from this firm's management and staff.

It is now past regular business hours in Eurasia, so I guess no one was interested in responding to my previous post. I also sent an offer to sales to negotiate a 30-day free trial of their VPS service (while maintaining my reseller account) to see if that could solve our problems. No answer there, either.

I truly wish for this thread to have a happy ending, where I can post one last message of glowing support and re-established goodwill with Hostony. Maybe it can still happen, but I fear that the chances of this are sinking rapidly. And over what? Just a couple of stupid mailing lists. IT JUST CANNOT BE THAT HARD TO MAINTAIN A COUPLE OF SMALL MAILING LISTS THAT I NEED!
Slavik
The thing is that we turned off the mail lists because of the security reason. We've found some security holes in mail lists and providing software upgrade.
The mail lists will work soon.
franz
Wowie Zowie. The lists are up (for the moment). Let's see how long that lasts.
franz
Now I know. 10 days.

The lists are DOWN once again.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
franz
Working now. But still no response from tech. I keep having to send messages to a testing list to "ping" (see if the service is up).

Why, oh why am I doing this to myself?!
Slavik
Mail lists must be working on this server.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here