Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RFC 1939 Compliant server?
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
Matt
I'm trying to setup b2/wordpress bloggy thingy, and one of the features is being able to post by email...i've set it all up etc. however when i run the script that's supposed to pick up the mail i get the error message that the POP server is not RFC1939 compliant...the account is one on my hostony hosting, so i was just wondering what mail server stuff is running and why it's (i assume) only RFC 1081 compliant...

i'm probably over simplifying the issue but I thought i'd ask!

cheers

Matt
Serge
We are using cpop4.01. It is custom POP3 client developed by DarkOrb - developer of Cpanel.
In case you happen to read RFC they don't recommend to realize all the aspects outligned in RFC in particular product because in some cases it could be too resource intensive or make software to be hard to protect from hack.
cpop is constantly developed/updated and is targeted to be lightwave for typical shared environment and be good protected from DDOS attacks rather then pathetic following latest RFCs.

On the other side RFC are designed to standartize the way software should communicate with each other and RFC are not the same as the 'latest software release'. Good email client software should support all intercommunications schemas for all RFC.

Well back to your issue. I would recommend to check whether they have STDIN mail script or IMAP support to be an alternative to POP3
Matt
thanks, i'll check it out...might have to hack around myself to get it working! biggrin.gif

cheers
Serge
Godd luck with it. Hacking around should work. Those RFc are not too complex.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here