Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: smtp problem (URGENT)
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
wcosshall
Hi,

Ok, I havce a fairly new reseller account. So I am trying to sort out all the bugs on my account before letting my clients on it. The site is aiyfhosting.com, on server 34 ( I think). I have a POP account. My mail program is set for incoming server mail.aiyfhosting.com, username and password are correct. I use my ISP for outgoing mail. In the advanced settings it is set to remove copy from server after retrieving and set for port 110 and password authentication (no SSL).

What I get are long periods of time when my mail program says the server is unavailable, like it has been basically all over the weekend just finishing. Before that it had been unavailable for an hour at a time but mostly fine.

I need to get this sorted before I start putting paying customers on.

Cheers,

Wayne
MartinB
Try using yourdomain.com instead of mail.mydomain.com

and remember:

your login id, is the full email with the @
account@yourdomain.com, not only "account"

And... can you telnet your domain name at pop (110) port ? (i have tried and i can.)

If nothing work, try to open a support trouble ticket, they will fix it for you very fast if you put a ticket.

Good luck with the bussines wink.gif
wcosshall
Thanks using aiyfhosting.com seems to have fixed it.

I've got some other issues too, so I tried to go to the Support item on the cpanel and got a the System Admin has not yet enabled this feature.

Any ideas?
MartinB
Your welcome.
go to http://support.hostony.com/ smile.gif
wcosshall
Got it.
Ta
MartinB
QUOTE(wcosshall @ Sep 4 2005, 08:53 PM)
Thanks using aiyfhosting.com seems to have fixed it.

I've got some other issues too, so I tried to go to the Support item on the cpanel and got a the System Admin has not yet enabled this feature.

Any ideas?

If you are a reseller, go to WHM, at the bottom of the side bar, configure the "support request" feature with your own support e-mail, so your client can send you support requests from their cpanels wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here