Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how much?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
ironhorse
I am looking for how much it will cost for the following.

I have already got a domain name (its a .co.uk) and I want to have a Profi domain from yourself, how much is it going to cost to get it transfered over to you and setup with the Profi hosting plan?

Thanks
MartinB
you can simply change the dns setting of your domain to hostony dns without cost, and continue with your registrar if you want.

also i think you can get the free .com from hostony, and also point your existing domain to hostony and configure it as a parked domain.
nturton
some questions,

The site is a .co.uk which would be easier

transfering the domain to hostony with hosting account or leaving the domain where it is and getting it setup? (How much would the domain name be if transfered?)

if I do transfer it, hostony asks for ftp address username and password but I just have the domain name, so are they needed?

Thanks
Lehrer
nturton, the price for domain trasferal is $ 14.85 and the tranfer normally lasts for 7 days.
It would be much easier for you to change your current NS records to those of hostony.
It is also not a problem if you have no FTP account, but please don't order "transfer account files via FTP" then.
nturton
so you mean keep the domain name with the people I have it with and buy the hosting from you and then sort out the DNS myself?
Lehrer
You are right. But if you really wish to transfer the domain name to our registrar, there are two drawbacks:

1) the transfer lasts for 1 week.
2) you are to pay the same price for it as for a new domain.
nturton
i think I will leave it there, would I get support helping setting the DNS after I buy the hosting?
Lehrer
nturton, you'll get the account activation e-mail with your nameservers. After that you are just to ping them right here and you'll give those details to your old registrar and ask them to change the NS records for you, that will be it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here