Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving to Hostony
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
imaginative2
I am currently at EagerHost and I am not happy with their services, which costed me one full day of waiting and unaswered tickets.

I would like to choose Hostony as I had a good service with z555, which reflects on here.

My Question,

I would like to purchase the Reseller Plan, but how could I transfer everything from EagerHost to Hostony?

Domain Names will be using the same DNS, but different IP address i beleive.

Is the switch easy? How would that go? I need to set up my Hostony ASAP as i lost one business day today already and need to catch up quickly.

I have sent you an email already, but I am not so patient because I want to do it now.

Please reply to me ASAP smile.gif Thanks, also how much would fatastico be?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
MartinB
Fantastico is included in linux reseller packages, no extra cost smile.gif

Maybe the best way of change without downtime... it's to have the both providers for a time, get another dns domains for the private labels namervers provided by hostony, duplicate the files and accounts in both providers (if you have cpanel in both sides, Support can do it very easy i think) and then change the dns for each domain to the new namservers.... wait the propagate time, and shutdown your old provider account.

more complicated is if you have dynamic websites... (surely the support team can tell you what is the best way for the change...)
smile.gif
Lehrer
Dear customer, the best variant is to move your files via FTP. This can be done as soon as you have your order confirmed and when you get your account activation e-mail.

2) You can either change your registrar or stay at the same one, but you are to change your NS records for ours, if you want your domain to function properly. If you wish to start as a reseller, maybe you'll wish to have your own NS records. No probl;em about it, the main thing is that they are to be registered somewhere. Your IP address will be different of course.

Lehrer
imaginative2
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Aug 30 2005, 05:40 PM)
Fantastico is included in linux reseller packages, no extra cost smile.gif

Maybe the best way of change without downtime... it's to have the both providers for a time, get another dns domains for the private labels namervers provided by hostony, duplicate the files and accounts in both providers (if you have cpanel in both sides, Support can do it very easy i think) and then change the dns for each domain to the new namservers.... wait the propagate time, and shutdown your old provider account.

more complicated  is if you have dynamic websites... (surely the support team can tell you what is the best way for the change...)
smile.gif

Thanks I got it set up.

Addon Domains 0 / 0 ??? :\

How to set up so i can use my own dns ns1/ns2 instead of hostony
Slavik
Hello,
if you are a reseller, we'll give you 2 Ip addresses for name servers. You should contact your domain registrar and ask them to register 2 name servers for you(with our 2 Ips).

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MartinB
You're welcome smile.gif

QUOTE(imaginative2 @ Aug 30 2005, 10:04 PM)
Addon Domains  0 / 0 ??? :\

If you are a reseller you don't need addons, you have WHM Panel, where you can set up unlimited full accounts with their own cpanel and all the features, create your own hosting packages for your customers... configure the features for each packages, etc etc.. It's much more of a "multiple domains" package, is a full reseller plan wink.gif
Lehrer
Absolutely true, Martin. As an existing reseller you know what you are talking about.

If you have access to account creation, I don't think you'll nedd the option of addon domains much.
imaginative2
QUOTE(Lehrer @ Sep 1 2005, 05:12 AM)
Absolutely true, Martin. As an existing reseller you know what you are talking about.

If you have access to account creation, I don't think you'll nedd the option of addon domains much.

True smile.gif

But.. Addons are simply easier to manage. If I had 10 Cpanels/FTPs, would be hard to keep track of. I have edited my accoutn now to have 9999 addons hehe.. kinda cool to be like admin.

thanks Lehrer & Martin
Lehrer
You are welcome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here