Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horde webmail
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
jchrastina
server26
Many of my users like the new Horde layout with folders in the left frame. However, a number of them have asked me to make the left frame about 50-100% WIDER so they can see the full names of their folders.
This looks like something Hostony will need to change. If I need to change it, please tell me where. In cPanel??
Thanks.
Alexandre
hello jchrastina,

Please open a trouble ticket at

http://support.hostony.com/

Also, could you describe the problem with more datails.

Please give us an email and password.
MartinB
You are talking abou change the config of the skin IMP, i think you can't change it only for you. (but you can install your own horde)
jchrastina
Alexandre - I will submit a ticket, but I posted here first because I suspect every other Horde user at Hostony would appreciate a wider folder frame.

Martin - I realize it would not be JUST for me. Again ... I suspect every other Horde user at Hostony would appreciate a wider folder frame.
MartinB
ok smile.gif
it's very easy in the administration of horde to change the wide of the left bar.
but keep in mind than the standard resolution is 800x600, and if you go to IMP with this resolution, and you increase the wide of the bar, maybe you will be not very happy to read your inbox and emails wink.gif
jchrastina
After several exchanges in the ticket I opened, Hostony says "it's impossible."
They said, all my clients need to do is click on each folder to be able to see the full name. That's NOT the point. They should be able to SEE the full folder name BEFORE they click.
I know it's NOT impossible to make the frame wider, but I give up.
MartinB
you know...maybe it's impossible because all the other users at the shared hosting server... or maybe it's related to the cpanel software used for the server management, updates, etc.

Try this:

Login to your Horde Imp
In the menu, click at the first item: "Horde"
Then, in the top-right of the page, click in "Options"
There go to the right side of the window, "Other Information", and click in:

Display Options
Set your startup application, color scheme, page refreshing, and other display options.

There you have:

[150] "Width of the Horde menu on the left (takes effect on next log-in)"

change the 150 by something more, log out and log in again.

It's magic!!! you will see your left menu wider. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

good night, i'm going to sleep smile.gif
ClydeB
I have problems with the horde mail client too, doesnt sound the same as yours though. In mine the whole layout it messed up (all the inbox columns are collapsed into one, the top bar icons go down the page pushing the inbox off the bottom, the left bar icons are out of place so they are half in the menu box, half out, etc). Happens on IE and Firefox, on different computers, with cache cleared and for different users of our mail. Hostony have said they'll upgrade horde again, but going on past experiences, I wouldnt hold my breath.
MartinB
QUOTE(ClydeB @ Aug 30 2005, 05:55 AM)
I have problems with the horde mail client too, doesnt sound the same as yours though.  In mine the whole layout it messed up (all the inbox columns are collapsed into one, the top bar icons go down the page pushing the inbox off the bottom, the left bar icons are out of place so they are half in the menu box, half out, etc).  Happens on IE and Firefox, on different computers, with cache cleared and for different users of our mail.  Hostony have said they'll upgrade horde again, but going on past experiences, I wouldnt hold my breath.

wow! can you post a screenshoot ?
jchrastina
Martin - I could kick myself for not even digging into the options very hard! Yes, the setting you found fixed my problem. Thank you.
Now, we have to see if ClydeB's problem can be fixed.
MartinB
smile.gif You're welcome, horde is a little labyrinth.
greetings
ClydeB
Yep! I'll dig out the screenies I sent to support, and ask one of my friends who seems to have the worst problems to take a screenie.

Certainly seems like a corrupted stylesheet or html to me.
jchrastina
ClydeB - What server are you on? All of my sites are on server26 and I don't see the screen problems you're reporting. maybe it's just your server.

On another note, I am beginning to get howls from some of my own clients because the move to the new Horde WIPED out their contacts. I have a trouble ticket with Hostony, who says they will try to restore one email account from tape.

I REALLY WISH Hostony would have provided prominent, repeated notifications BEFORE making such a radical upgrade. At least I would have been able to do my OWN exports/import. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE PULLED SUCH A STUNT.
They make a major change, then apologize.
Not good business practice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here