Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions i have
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Rich
ok...... i have been going thru the webhosting runaround trying to find a suitable place to host my site. first a few questions. do you actually own all of the servers that your hosting is on or do you subcontract out? second if i want to create webusers(sorry for the plesk term) is that possible with cpanel? i want people to have their own folder to upload files to and have it be completely seperate from the site. i have only really used plesk to manage my webhosting before and it would load sites with www.mysite.com/~usersite....... and they would log in to the FTP with usersite and then their password and only have access to their folder and further on the tree. also if i choose in the future to upgrade my service is this a large hassle or a seamless transistion?
MartinB
QUOTE(Rich @ Aug 23 2005, 11:09 PM)
second if i want to create webusers(sorry for the plesk term) is that possible with cpanel? i want people to have their own folder to upload files to and have it be completely seperate from the site. i have only really used plesk to manage my webhosting before and it would load sites with www.mysite.com/~usersite....... and they would log in to the FTP with usersite and then their password and only have access to their folder and further on the tree.

yes you can create unlimited ftp users with cpanel and hostony, and give them a specific username, password, quota and a directory of some path at your account tree.

Give a look to http://help.hostony.com/
"Working with CPanel -> Creating and Managing FTP Account"

QUOTE(Rich @ Aug 23 2005, 11:09 PM)
also if i choose in the future to upgrade my service is this a large hassle or a seamless transistion?

well in my personal experience, it was very easy, just some support tickets tu billing and support... also you can do an upgrade from your billing panel, but i have never tried in this way.
Lehrer
ok...... i have been going thru the webhosting runaround trying to find a suitable place to host my site. first a few questions. do you actually own all of the servers that your hosting is on or do you subcontract out? second if i want to create webusers(sorry for the plesk term) is that possible with cpanel? i want people to have their own folder to upload files to and have it be completely seperate from the site. i have only really used plesk to manage my webhosting before and it would load sites with www.mysite.com/~usersite....... and they would log in to the FTP with usersite and then their password and only have access to their folder and further on the tree. also if i choose in the future to upgrade my service is this a large hassle or a seamless transistion?

We do own all the servers, we are not a subdirectory of smb. If you wish your users to have a separate cpanel, you are to subscribe for a Reseller account. This will give you a possibility to create your own packages and setup plans. You'll also get our plans(if you wish of course) at a discounted price:
http://hostony.com/reseller.html

(See at the very bottom of the page "Reselling packages")

Lehrer
Lehrer
mblendinger, I envy your energy here on the forum smile.gif

Keep it going!

Greetings, Lehrer
Rich
ok....... thanks for that help. what about the companies reputability and uptime. it doesn't take alot of typing effort to claim 99% uptime but is it true? and how often are there problems with accounts. i live in the real world and i can understand that it isn't perfect...... but i would like to know it is going to work as much as possible
Lehrer
QUOTE(Rich @ Aug 24 2005, 04:28 AM)
ok....... thanks for that help. what about the companies reputability and uptime. it doesn't take alot of typing effort to claim 99% uptime but is it true? and how often are there problems with accounts. i live in the real world and i can understand that it isn't perfect...... but i would like to know it is going to work as much as possible

You are welcome. I can tell you that 99% uptime guarantee is true. Problems with accounts occur not very often, the stability depends in the user himself not less than on his host. You can look this forum through and get acquainted with the problems that our customers had once, just to see for yourself what happens sometimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here