Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billing
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
albert10966
Why is it that every year on every domain hosted here i have billing Nightmares, either double billed and every time there is a issue my accounts are WRONGLY suspended without any notification whatsoever, Keep in mind the sites I have here are not hobby Websites and are business sites, this activity is Very unprofessional and lead me to beleive that someone over there is very disorganized or just doesnt care what effect their actions cause. I would like to know what someone is willing to do to correct this issue and tell me why i Should not cancell all my current accounts and suspend any and all future dealings with your company??
Slavik
Hello,
please remind me your domain.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
albert10966
thecastle.net - was suspended this morning, went on live support to find out why, the response i got was, "it is active now" and no further information

also had same issue last year with casadecastellanos.com
albert10966
and to top it off here, the website was up shortly after they told me it was up again and now i get a "problem with database connection" ?????????????
Lehrer
The matter is that there was a hack attempt on the server, and your account took an active part in it:

root@server14 [/var/tmp]# ls -la
total 912
drwxr-xr-x 2 thecastl thecastl 4096 Jul 19 08:35 \ \ \ /
drwxrwxrwt 8 root root 12288 Aug 22 16:26 ./
drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 Jun 30 04:12 ../
drwxr-xr-x 3 pancraci pancraci 4096 Jul 6 19:04 .../
drwxr-xr-x 2 nathan nathan 4096 Jul 20 00:28 laur/
drwxr-xr-x 2 thecastl thecastl 4096 Jul 15 07:00 log/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Aug 22 06:32 mysql.sock -> ../../var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock=
drwxr-xr-x 3 valschum valschum 4096 Aug 8 20:37 proc/
drwxr-xr-x 3 valschum valschum 4096 Jul 10 17:41 .ro/
albert10966
Geeze, here we go again, what steps can i take to prevent this, just got the site up after a hack and again here we are, what steps should i take to prevent this, besides the obvious changing password again
Lehrer
Al, please scrutinize your scripts first. I believe we were talking in live chat with you. So please follow my instructions about changing your script from postnuke to mambo open source.
Unfortunately it is not possible to get a notification of any kind.
albert10966
what about phpnuke, i am familliar with that
Lehrer
phpnuke is even worse sad.gif

You'll really learn fast with Mambo:

http://demodemo.com/tutorials_mambo.html
albert10966
i need ftp access to remove files from server
MartinB
mambo open source is a very good solution, i use it actively in a lot of professional developments.

Also it have a so easy templates management to make a personal skin smile.gif
Lehrer
Dear Al, please submit a ticket a bit later today. We'll unsuspend it for some time
Lehrer
OK, Albert, the site is available already. Make sure you cope with the necessary changes swiftly.
albert10966
i did as said, removed ALL old files, put up a fresh install of mambo, and bingo, account is suspended again, is it to the point that i will get hacked no matter what i do until i have to move servers or hosts??????????
Slavik
Please have a look at our reply to your ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here