Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Site Goes Down At Least Once a Day
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
msport
Why is it that since i've signed up with Hostony, my site goes down AT LEAST ONCE a day.

Ironically enough while i'm on it, making updates. Whats REALLY ironic is that i'm using my account as a test server before I move my vBulletin board over here, so basically i'm not even really receiving any real traffic, or at least the traffic I anticipate for the fall.

Once daily? Never had that problem before with any other host, why is this the case?

I go to live help, i talk to someone they tell me to hold on, and from there I wait, one time I waited long enough to burn 3 dvd's and then decided just to leave.

Once daily is ridiculous, Once daily while i'm on the site is even crazier.

http://www.marchingsport.com
Iceshifter
I was just about to post this same thing. I have the same problem, but it's not just once a day. Normally, I'll connect into my FTP, upload a file for the past two days, then the site goes down. Get mad, go do something else, comeback sites up. Go to sleep, wake up and the sites down. (Like now, as I post this)

Is there a known error for the site going down after its been updated? So far, two days have gone by and I've seen the worst customer complaints on your forum than I've seen anywhere else. Is and or was there a scheduled maintenance to the servers thats causing this downtime?

Also, one other thing I was curious about was the FTP. I went to login yesterday and I got a "Max users currently 50, cannot establish connection." Is this how shared hosting works? 50 users at a time can update their site and the rest are shit out of luck? or was this a bizarre error on my side.

Just a few concerns smile.gif
Iceshifter
And then my site goes back up on the net right after I finished the post above. I tried connecting to the FTP and it just told me max users are on, connection cannot be established. This is what I'm experiencing.
Slavik
Hello,
please open a trouble ticket, provide us with your domain and we'll try to find out and fix the problem.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
Matthew
I am having the same problem in recent days and longer. My base code is unchanged and has been online for months and here and on other servers for a few years. It is stable on my own server as well. I get minimal traffic on my domains and no helpful log or error message. Right now my domains are down with HTTP 500 errors being reported. Ticket open, no chat available, primetime here in US and no Web site working. Very frustrating.

Matthew
Slavik
Dear Matthew,
chat is available, we are speaking with you via live chat system.
We are investigating the problem and trying to find the solution.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
msport
I made this post yesterday and what do you know, my site is down again.

People, let me reinerate here, THIS IS MY TEST FORUM.

I haven't even begun to intergrate people over to this particular account yet. I was testing the forum out on IE (i use firefox), the board moved VERY slow, then went down.

Opening up a trouble ticket is one thing, but c'mon folks this is a DAILY occurance.

then its during the day!
Iceshifter
http://dotuptime.com/

Use this and you can track it even when you're not there. It's a very handy tool.
msport
Thanks, its back up now.

But the problem is, you can't have a site going down every day during the middle of the day.
Lehrer
msport, of course, if the site goes down often, that is unacceptable. If the problem continues, your acount can be moved to a different server.
msport
then you all may need to move it to a different server, because its down again.

same scenario. i'm on, making updates, all of a sudden its down (making updates as in modifying my forum, not making changes to my root index file that has no db related code in it).

i'm down. again, as usual.
Iceshifter
Same here. Day three its down again. Guess I gotta pop a support ticket in now.
msport
THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

I am working on a bid for a major festival to use my site as there primary web presence. THIS IS MY TEST SITE before the real thing gets here, and its down again.

Today is FRIDAY, so we're looking at "my site is down everyday in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY".

I've never been down this many times with ANY host.

I mean c'mon, should my site be going down EVERYDAY?

Thats not normal, what is this Angelfire?
Dark Hedgehog
As suggested, move to a different server.

Note: Its ironic that staff asks you to go to support tickets yet you get your answer anyway..
Slavik
Msport,
your site is up and running now.
We had the problems with network at our datacenter. We contacted them and trying to solve the problem once and forever.

Dark Hedgehog,
I don't think that trouble ticket is not serious thing. The best way to solve the problem is to do via trouble ticket.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
bpgisme
I agree with Slavik. I come here to ask easy questions or kid around with the staff, ( wink.gif ) but when I have a problem with the site I usually go do a ticket and get it fixed right away. smile.gif

-Bonnie
MartinB
QUOTE(bpgisme @ Aug 19 2005, 03:08 PM)
I agree with Slavik.  I come here to ask easy questions or kid around with the staff, ( wink.gif  ) but when I have a problem with the site I usually go do a ticket and get it fixed right away.  smile.gif

-Bonnie

same here.
msport
Alright no this is far from funny. My site when down again (while I was away for lunch). I went to my cpanel to download my database and it was gone?

I've been working on it for the past two weeks (the reason why i signed up with the service in the firstplace) and now its gone.

I guess a support ticket is in order right?

somebody help.

http://www.marchingsport.com (site up, databases, gone)

Crisis Averted
now they're back up. but the matter becomes, should this be the normal occurance?
MartinB
NOW i'm at your site, in your forum. so if the forum work, i think the database is working (at least for now) smile.gif

Nice site.
msport
yeah its back up. when i went to MySQL initally, there was no dB information there, i waited a few minutes, it reset and everything was back.

i just started using douptime.com to monitor the site, its been down 3 times since i started using the service yesterday once last night and twice today.

i guess my thing is, my site shoudn't be down during peak hours, or God forbid while i'm on it myself making updates.
Lehrer
msport, we are communicating with our DC now and have asked them for the official explaination about what has been going on with the server lately. This is really unacceptable, as it is one of the newest servers that we have.
msport
okay, my site is down again.

this time it says i've exceeded my bandwidth limit.

is that something you can just go ahead and bill me for? i need to get my site back up and going.

thanks. i think i may have mentioned that i'm working on a major contract, and it looks very shakey, that my site can't handle its existing traffic.

i just need to be back up. charge me, but the site needs to get back up.

thanks

Gerard

http://www.marchingsport.com
Lehrer
msport, you'll have to get in touch with our billling as I wrote in the PM to get everything sorted out. But I have found the prices:

Additional WebSpace 500 Mb $3.95/mo
Additional Bandwidth 1 Gb $1.95/mo
Addon domain 1 $2.50/mo

And so on...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here