Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the best way to block an IP address?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
BigJimW
Hi Gang,

I'm inquiring what is the best way of blacklisting an IP and subnets a particular person is using?

Recently a known troublemaker that has crashed other sites recently flood crashed another site that I am a moderator of. Now I get information that my website is next, and it's hosted on Hostony.

The kid and his friends try with some success to launch a DoS attack and flood attack on related message boards.

Anyway, I am looking for the best way to block IP addresses from even accessing my site. I have the IP addresses.

I used the .htaccess commands:

<Limit GET POST>
deny from 24.244.232
deny from 68.45
</Limit>

but I want to be double sure this will be effective. In short, I don't want this bastard to even SEE my site, much less launch a DoS attack.

Any help will be appriciated. Thanks guys!

- Jim
MartinB
Hello.
give a look to the "IP Deny Manager" tool in your CPanel (if you have a linux based account).

But if it's related to DDoS attack, all the server can be compromised, not only your website. I recommend you strongly to make contact with the support team and give them all the info you have.

greetings.
BigJimW
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Aug 16 2005, 02:01 AM)
Hello.
give a look to the "IP Deny Manager" tool in your CPanel (if you have a linux based account).

Thats perfect! smile.gif Thanks!

And it seems that these are kids that attack websites, and not servers. I'm just nipping them in the bud. Preventative measure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here