Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing Meta Description & Keywords...
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
arkitek508
I used to be able to change my meta description & keywords for search engines in CP, but I no longer see it...how do I go about changing them now?? ohmy.gif
Niels
Just open you pages and edit them by hand will work tongue.gif

look for :

<META name="description" content="your description">

and

<META name="keywords" content="your keywords">

-
Niels
arkitek508
QUOTE(Niels @ Aug 16 2005, 04:36 AM)
Just open you pages and edit them by hand will work tongue.gif

look for :
<META name="description" content="your description">

and

<META name="keywords" content="your keywords">

-
Niels

i already had those meta tags in my page, doesen't work...none if its shows when i see my link on a seach engine
MartinB
let the meta tags away,
Just write a good TITLE, a very good content in your pages, rich in the keywords you want to be founded, make a compatible and clear code, and you will be indexed and well rated.
carahost
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Aug 16 2005, 08:24 AM)
let the meta tags away,
Just write a good TITLE, a very good content in your pages, rich in the keywords you want be founded, make compatible and clear code, and you will be indexed and well rated.

i agree
Niels
QUOTE(arkitek508 @ Aug 16 2005, 12:57 PM)
i already had those meta tags in my page, doesen't work...none if its shows when i see my link on a seach engine

Google only shows your desciption if there is no content containing the word searched for, but if you search for "yourdomain.com" the description should show. (if its cached by google)

But i agree with mblendinger and carahost that it wont help you rank your website.

Some things that will help you:
-A good title (main keywords for page but dont repeat,dont put your website name in the title or if you have to put it in the back of the title)
-Start the page with its topic in <h1> tags
-use alt and title tags for images
-dont link to other sites you have, especialy when they are hosted on the same ip/server
-good intern linking so PR will spread
-create a google sitemap
-etc tongue.gif

-
Niels
MartinB
Niels tips are perfect.
Niels
Thanks laugh.gif
i got some more do's and dont's, mabye i should create a nice post listing them all

-
Niels
MartinB
sure, like not spamming the search engines with hidden keywords in the content, not adding your url to links farms, and very important: always use good and descriptive text for anchors

ex:

don't do this:
CODE
This is the best web hosting: <a href="x.html">click here</a>

instead of this, write:

CODE
This is the best <a href="x.html">web hosting</a>

Using your keywords in the anchors texts of the links pointing to your site, will give your website a best rank for this keyword biggrin.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Niels @ Aug 16 2005, 06:17 PM)
Thanks laugh.gif
i got some more do's and dont's, mabye i should create a nice post listing them all

-
Niels

I'm waiting you post with SEO tips !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Niels
- dont get your site banned from google by putting adsense ads on empty pages (empty categories in directories for example) a ***load of sites got banned for that reason last month.

-if possible rewrite our dynamic url's to static looking urls

-always use absolute urls or use the <base href="http://www.domain.com"> tag (this is more a "anti" a scraper tip)

-try to get some good backlinks especialy from PR3+ sites, get them from sites with the same topic as you, so hosting ->hosting, holiday->holiday etc

-do some research on your keywords:
Some nice "pick the magic keyword" keyword tools: rolleyes.gif
*Overture keyword tool: http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/
*google keyword tool: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordSandbox

Search for your prefered keywords and look @ the top 20 sites and try to find out why they rank so high, do this for every keyword and use what you have learned from those top 20 sites.

-always follow the latest news regarding internet/web dev

a good resource for that is webmasterworld.com/ <- the adsense forum is a geat place to find tips about howto create a nice income from your site.

last tip: dont drink to much beer while writing tips like these... tongue.gif

-
Niels ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here