Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Performance problems on My SQL?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Havard
I have an account on server33 where I set up a MediaWiki site this weekend. The MediaWiki uses MySQL.

What I experience, and this is confirmed by other users too, is that it runs terribly slow. There does not seem to be any similar problems with loading regular HTML/PHP pages without database, so I suspect something with MySQL. Are anyone else having similar experiences?

(URL http://www.crusader-kings.com/wiki/ if you want to test...)

Edit: Spelling, URL
Havard
Oh, yes. And another thing: Sometimes the entire mysql server appears to be down (like now). When I try to access the site I get only error messages, while cpanel claims that I have no mysql databases defined huh.gif

Then, a bit later, it is back up working. What is going on?
nturton
dont worry Havard, I have spoken to support as I am on the same server as you. They have fixed the issue and it shouldnt happen again.
Lehrer
nturton, thanks for the explanation. Though we can't guarantee that the problem won't repeat. But we'll surely keep an eye on the server and especially its users.
As I already explained to one of the customers, the problem with mysql is connected with spam sending. We have suspended 2 accounts so far, which are suspected in spam sending.
Jack Hertz
The funny thing is this shouldn't happen in the first place, it's never happened where I'm hosting from. Which if you don't include the extra 6 months of hosting these guys billed me for it's been the same amount of time.

There shouldn't be downtimes like I see here.. I don't get it, do you guys have low expectations or what?

I'm lost in a sense of bewilderment. blink.gif
Lehrer
Jack, I think this is not a proper way to leave. If you were billed incorrectly please continue this discussion with our billing department. Our company will return everything that was taken by chance, if it was really so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here