Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Host EMail Server Domain IP Identification
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
JohnGarziglia
Is there a way that SMTP email sent from dedicated IP addresses for domains on reseller accounts could be identified as coming from that dedicated IP addresss and the domain, rather than from Server28.fastbighost.com at 70.84.105.196?

[i.e. the email full header now shows this:

Received: from Server28.fastbighost.com ([70.84.105.196])
by MX2.WCSR.COM (VisNetic.MailServer.v7.2.4.1) with ESMTP (SSL) id LTK37901
for <jgarziglia@wcsr.com>; Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:11:10 -0400
Received: from [69.255.21.149] (helo=fccbot)
by Server28.fastbighost.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.51)
id 1E3euO-0007o5-St; Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:09:37 +0000

rather than from the domain from which it is sent]

I spent several days with Hostony support and they tell me it cannot presently be done on the reseller accounts even with a dedicated IP address for the specific domain.

Having email identified as coming from Server28.fastbighost.com at 70.84.105.196 is a problem since it is shared among users and any one user who is unknown to others can cause Server28.fastbighost.com to end up on email blackhole lists to the detriment of all.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, and thank you for your good hosting services.

John
Alexandre
Mail Relay is not allowed on our servers!

You can send mail from your dedicated IP address but the server's anem is still the same.
We can't set as server's name your domain name smile.gif

You can try to set spf records in the DNS zones it will prevent using of your domain name to send spam and etc.

Please open a trouble ticket and I'll try to help you.
JohnGarziglia
Alexandre,

Thank you for your quick response.

I already have an SPF record in my account for my dedicated IP.

I did not realize I was asking for mail relay. I thought I was asking for my mail to show as coming from my dedicated IP rather than a shared IP, but if that cannot be done, then I must live with it.

The problem is that the IP for Server28.fastbighost.com [70.84.105.196] appears on several blackhole lists among them: RRBL, NJABLSOURCES and FIVETENIGNORE. mad.gif Thus, several days ago, two of my emails bounced (my email address on Hostony account purposely obscured):

> SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<myemailaddress@mydomainname.com>:
> host mx1.hawaii.edu [128.171.224.25]: 553 5.3.0 Host 70.84.105.196 is
> on the RBL list - see http://njabl.org

> SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<myemailaddress@mydomainname.com>
> SIZE=3598:
> host gateway2.att.net [12.102.240.23]: 550-70.84.105.196 blocked by
> blacklist.mail.ops.worldnet.att.net.
> 550 Blocked for abuse. For more information, please see
> http://www.att.net/general-info/rblinquiry.html

Best regards,

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here