Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: entropy search
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
bpgisme
Hi everybody! smile.gif

I'm working on a rebuild of one section of my site and I decided I need a search added to my site. I went to cPanel and I used the Entropy search thing, but it isn't very smart. I can only use one word to search with. Is there a way to make the Entropy search better or is there a better search thing out there that I can get? Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!
-Bonnie
Niels
Is your site a static or dynamic site?
If its dynamic you could build your own search engine

A nice out of the box search engine + spider is phpdig

http://www.phpdig.net/

PhpDig is a web spider and search engine written in PHP, using a MySQL database and flat file support. PhpDig builds a glossary with words found in indexed pages. On a search query, it displays a result page containing the search keys, ranked by occurrence.

Im waiting for the open source search engine IBM is releasing @ the end of the year, fingers crossed!

-
Niels
bpgisme
It's about half and half.
Here's the link: bpgisme.com
I use Thingamablog to manage most of it, but there are a group of sections that are built using Nucleus CMS and JAlbum.
It's pretty huge for a personal website. You can Google search most of it easily. I wonder if there's a way to add a Google search that will search just my site as well as the internet itself?

Here's an example: I searched in Google for bpgisme.com cat
I got 167 hits.

I've never done anything like this before and I'm not sure it will help the average visitor. It'll sure help me though. I forget where I put things sometimes. rolleyes.gif
I guess I want one because it would be very convenient to just have something to search with right on the site.

-Bonnie
Niels
Google offers something like that, more about that on this page:
http://services.google.com/searchcode2.html?accept=on

On that page are 3 pieces of code, the one you are looking for is the last one.
bpgisme
Yeah! I did some research and found it finally. I just got back here. It seems to work pretty well. Good enough for what I need anyway. smile.gif Thanks for helping!

-Bonnie
Niels
No problem wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here