Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moving from shared to vps
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
blackburnrovers
I am interested in moving my site from shared hosting to VPS hosting. Would support be able to move my web pages, databases, etc?

I have a few scripts installed through Fantastico as well that need moved: 1 Moodle installation and 1 Drupal installation. Can those be moved?

Please let me know what the process would be.

Thanks.
Slavik
Hello,
Would support be able to move my web pages, databases, etc?
Yes and we'll do it without any troubles if you choose VPS with cpanel(I guess you are Linux server).
I have a few scripts installed through Fantastico as well that need moved: 1 Moodle installation and 1 Drupal installation. Can those be moved?

Yes but there is no fantastico on VPS(it goes with the addintional prize)
And this possible if if you choose VPS with cpanel.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
blackburnrovers
QUOTE(Slavik @ Aug 1 2005, 06:12 PM)
Hello,

Yes and we'll do it without any troubles if you choose VPS with cpanel(I guess you are Linux server).

Yes, i am on a linux cpanel server and would like VPS with cpanel. Why is it more expensive btw?

Yes but there is no fantastico on VPS(it goes with the addintional prize)
And this possible if if you choose VPS with cpanel.

I didn't understand. Is it possible to get Fantastico on a VPS server?
blackburnrovers
also, if i start with vpsstart, can i move up levels whenver i need to? next month vpsoptima, a week later vpssuper for example?

i just am not sure how much computing power i need yet until i test the applications in the environment.
Slavik
You can get fantastico but for additioanal prize.(It isn't included in the VPS package).
You'll be able to have your account upgraded whenever you need. The upgrade is free butr downgrade costs money!

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here