Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ruby-on-Rails is available on two of our servers
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
ser_pros
Ruby-on-Rails has been installed on the server 33 (70.86.2.146) and the server 34 (70.86.36.130).

All the customers whose accounts are on these servers can use Ruby-on-Rails.
MartinB
Excelent news.
congratulations and thank you.

I'm the first member asking for ruby on rails in hostony, and you have started installing it in other servers, not mine...but, congratulations the same wink.gif
ser_pros
You can open a trouble ticket and we'll transfer your account to the server where Ruby-on-Rails is installed.
MartinB
QUOTE(ser_pros @ Jul 27 2005, 12:45 AM)
You can open a trouble ticket and we'll transfer your account to the server where Ruby-on-Rails is installed.

no thank you, i have ~40 accounts in server 20
Slavik
We have it only on 2 servers now.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MartinB
Cool, please add Server20 to your list of future installations of Ruby on Rails, I have everytime more and more pre-sales questions asking me about if I support ruby on rails (I have a lot of tech-customers).

Congratulations for trying to open your service to Ruby programmers smile.gif
Have a nice day.
Slavik
We'll think over your advice. Maybe it'll be installed on your server too.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MartinB
ok! thank you!
please keep in mind this post:
http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=4016&hl=ruby

(It's me, asking for "ruby on rails" from May smile.gif)
Slavik
Sure.
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
ser_pros
Ruby-on-Rails has been installed on the server 20 (67.15.16.19).
MartinB
Thank you VERY much!!
you're the best.
Slavik
You are welcome.
you're the best

We know. wink.gif Thank you.

Best regards,
Hostony Team
blackburnrovers
excellent news that hostony is added ruby on rails support.

as the 3rd hostony customer who asked for ruby on rails, i would love for it to be installed on server14.

see my post here: http://forum.hostony.com/index.php?showtopic=4016&hl=ruby<BR>
biggrin.gif
MartinB
laugh.gif
Slavik
Blackburnrovers,
maybe your server will be the next one (but it's not for sure wink.gif ).
We won't forget about your request when setup it on the next server.

Hostony Team
blackburnrovers
QUOTE(Slavik @ Aug 1 2005, 06:04 PM)
Blackburnrovers,
maybe your server will be the next one (but it's not for sure  wink.gif ).

As always, thanks for the help Slavik. If I get access to rails, I will have a whole new problem - what to make with it? smile.gif
Slavik
I guess this will a be a pleasant problem smile.gif

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
MSR
what is Ruby-On-Rails? huh.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(MSR @ Aug 6 2005, 06:56 PM)
what is Ruby-On-Rails?  huh.gif

Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy object-oriented programming. It has many features to process text files and to do system management tasks (as in Perl). It is simple, straight-forward, extensible, and portable.

Oh, I need to mention, it's totally free, which means not only free of charge, but also freedom to use, copy, modify, and distribute it.

-- http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020101.html

Rails is a full-stack, open-source web framework in Ruby for writing real-world applications with joy and less code than most frameworks spend doing XML sit-ups

Being a full-stack framework means that all layers are built to work seamlessly together. That way you Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) and you can use a single language from top to bottom. Everything from templates to control flow to business logic is written in Ruby—the language of love for industry heavy-weights.

In striving for DRY compliance, Rails shuns configuration files and annotations in favor of reflection and run-time extensions.

This means the end of XML files telling a story that has already been told in code. It means no compilation phase: Make a change, see it work. Meta-data is an implementation detail left for the framework to handle.

http://www.rubyonrails.com/
Mulimedia
hello,

I tried to test "ruby on rails", but failed having the correct path in the dispatch files. i get always the error: "Application error - Rails application failed to start properly"

the welcom page tells me:
#  The shebang line in the public/dispatch* files must reference your Ruby installation.
You might need to change it to #!/usr/bin/env ruby or point directly at the installation.

could you tell me the correct path?

thanks for help,

Michael
Alexandre
Hello,

The path is /usr/local/bin/ruby

wink.gif
splufdaddy
I would appreciate Ruby on Rails support on my server, 67.15.112.25. Keep my server in mind when doing upgrades. biggrin.gif
Lehrer
Dear customer, it is now installed on server 67.15.112.25 as well.
blackburnrovers
QUOTE(Slavik @ Aug 1 2005, 06:04 PM)
Blackburnrovers,
maybe your server will be the next one (but it's not for sure  wink.gif ).

Hostony Team

it has been a while, so thought i would check back in. any chance of getting ruby on rails on my server?
blackburnrovers
I was chatting with Hostony support on AOL IM today, but when I asked about ruby on rails support, the person disappeared and never replied.

I really do think it is time for Hostony to get on board with Ruby on Rails. It is free to install for Hostony, and will attract new customers.

Dreamhost.com has made it available on all of their packages. I have been with Hostony for years and have 3 separate accounts with them, and don't want to move. But I need to install Typo (blog software) and it requires Ruby on Rails.

Hostony, how long will we have to wait for Ruby on Rails? Install it for us and then get Hostony linked here: RailsWebHosts

Dreamhost also offers WebDAV which is a great way to move data files through the web.
MartinB
QUOTE(blackburnrovers @ Nov 13 2005, 09:05 PM)
I was chatting with Hostony support on AOL IM today, but when I asked about ruby on rails support, the person disappeared and never replied.

I really do think it is time for Hostony to get on board with Ruby on Rails. It is free to install for Hostony, and will attract new customers.

Dreamhost.com has made it available on all of their packages. I have been with Hostony for years and have 3 separate accounts with them, and don't want to move. But I need to install Typo (blog software) and it requires Ruby on Rails.

Hostony, how long will we have to wait for Ruby on Rails? Install it for us and then get Hostony linked here: RailsWebHosts

Dreamhost also offers WebDAV which is a great way to move data files through the web.

I'm listed there wink.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here