Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Unresolved Problems
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
flamesrock
I actually opened a ticket about this (#8275.) The reply said that I was trying do 'it' the wrong way. On replying to this explaining exactly what it was I did, the email was basically ignored and the ticket expired.

The two problems began after the server my site was hosted on broke down and was transferred to a better machine (which I appreciate.) However, doing this broke ALL of the addon domains. It also caused a few directories to be undeletable.

My most vital addon was restored through the ticket system, although I'm not sure how he accomplished it. I am currently unable to add any new domains through cpanel. It gives me the following message:

CODE
     Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Additions

The subdomain, dyslexitech.com.simcitysphere.com has been added.

dyslexitech.com is already configured.

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, dyslexitech.com.simcitysphere.com has been removed.

dyslexitech.com could not be setup. The subdomain dyslexitech.com.simcitysphere.com was not setup either.

The function creates the subdirectory, and gives it a cgi-bin, but it doesn't actually work (the domain has been pointed at the current hostony NS's for months). It is also worthy to add that I'm not using the 'add subdomain' feature, but rather the 'addon domain' one, so I have no idea why it mentions anything about subdomains.

The previous home of 'dyslexitech.com' was in the directory public_html/dyslexitech, however, that can't be deleted via ftp or ssh since for whatever reason, I don't have permission. I ask that hostony please remove that directory with their root access. Maybe doing this will make it possible to addon the domain. If not, there has to be an alternative

thanks
Slavik
Hello,
sorry but in the ticket 8275 you asked us:
I would like to change from a Windows server to a Linux server please. I understand all that comes with it, commands, new control panel, and etc..

our answer was:
Dear customer,
we can create a new account on Linux server for you and delete your Windows one but you'll get the empty account and you'll have to do all the configuration again(create e-mail accounts, etc.).
Please confirm that you want to have a Linux account.
We'll start creating it for you as soon as we get your confirmation.
We are waiting for your response.

As far as I understand your account was transferred to the Linux server.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please provide us with the list of the domains that you want to add we'll investigate the problem.
We've set up the correct permissions on the folder
Please reopen or open a new trouble ticket (for the list of the domains) as there will be some secure issues.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
flamesrock
oh woops! Did I say 8275? I meant 8725

just tried deleting the directory public_html/dyslexitech, and I still get permission denied (its a gallery installation that's refusing to be deleted)

The domain I'd like to add is dyslexitech.com, in the subdirectory ~/public_html/dyslexitech.com (with my existing password)

-thanks for your help
Slavik
We'll try to fix the problem and update the trouble ticket as soon as we get results.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
flamesrock
Problem solved! I'm happy now.

Thanks
Slavik
You are welcome!
We are happy too.

Best regards,
Slavik Koshelev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here