Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Errors in Gallery Installation
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
justme
Here are the errors I'm getting on Gallery, but I can't find any of those paths. Do you have to fix this?

Gallery highly recommends that the PHP option 'register_globals' be turned off, for security purposes. Some software, notably the 'Geeklog' CMS, requires that 'register_globals' be enabled.

Serious Warning!

The PHP option 'register_globals' is enabled on your server. Gallery highly recommends that you disable 'register_globals' unless it is required by software on your site. Gallery does not officially support 'register_globals' being enabled, and will attempt to disable it internally.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Allow the Gallery .htaccess file to set application specific configuration options for the Gallery application. This is controlled by the webserver owner so it's not always possible for you to change it. The main drawbacks to not having this are that you may not be able to upload files > 2MB (e.g. big ZIP files or movies).

Warning!

Apache is not obeying the 'php_value' lines in your .htaccess file. Try entering the following into your web server's httpd.conf file:

<Directory C:\Domains\greglamothe.com\wwwroot\gallery>
AllowOverride Options FileInfo
</Directory>

If you are running PHP in CGI mode, this message is unavoidable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Check to see if magic quotes are enabled on your PHP server. If they're on, you may notice strange behavior if you put ' (single-quote), " (double quote) or \ (backslash) characters in titles or captions in Gallery.

Warning!

Magic quotes are on. Your webserver administrator can turn them off by putting :

magic_quotes_gpc = Off

in your php.ini file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Slavik
You can use your own php.ini. It should be in the folder with .php scripts. You can find copy of php.ini in your public_html folder. You can set eny settings you wish.

Best regards.
justme
Thank you
justme
I changed the settings in php.ini
as you suggested but the changes are not recognized when I run the configuration wizard in gallery.
MartinB
copy your php.ini in the root directory of your gallery

if the configuration script are not in the root gallery directory, try copying it to the install directory too.

Also, make sure that your .htaccess files have no php_value settings.
justme
most of it worked, and it's good enough.
Thanks for your help! tongue.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(justme @ Jul 30 2005, 06:58 AM)
most of it worked, and it's good enough.
Thanks for your help! tongue.gif

you're welcome smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here