Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about multiple domain (addon domain)...
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
dan d
I understand that you support multiple domains from one account. I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1) Can addon domains have subdomains (i.e. have www.domain1.com, forum.domain1.com, www.domain2.com, forum.domain2.com, sales.domain2.com etc)?
1.cool.gif I assume all sub-domains can point to different websites.. How is this done for the users? .htaccess? or some control panel?

2) What kind of control do one have over DNS records? Can I set my own MX, A records etc?

3) Email: Do you support different email addresses per domain? (for example, can I have mortenmo@domain1.com and mortenmo@domain2.com go to separate inboxes?).

3.a) One of your compeditors only allows for sending email from your primary domain. Is you SMTP server setup with similar limitations?

4) Is there any other differences between having one account with addon domains and just having different accounts for each domain (besides the obvious more total diskspace and GB transfer/month)?
Lehrer
Dear customer,
1) Addon domains can have subdomains. In your control panel you just choose for which domain you'd like to add a subdomain, and that's it.

2) You can't set your own MX or A records on your own, unless you have a reseller account. But you can ask our support to do it for you.

3) We do support multiple email addresses per domain.

3a) You can send your e-mail from addon domains as well.

4) Sure, there are some differences. Owning a reseller account automatically gives you access to WHM, besides all the domains have their own control panel.

Lehrer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here